News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

It's Sunday. What are you going to do today?

Started by Tank, February 14, 2021, 10:21:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hermes2015

Quote from: Tank on March 28, 2021, 11:35:42 AM
Quote from: hermes2015 on March 28, 2021, 11:17:59 AM
Quote from: Tank on March 28, 2021, 10:20:20 AM
Not a lot on today. Going to fix a couple of bits of my wife's jewellery. May cut the grass. Will take the dogs out for a walk. Roast lamb and baked potatoes for dinner :D

You've been a bit quiet about the hinges. How did they work out?

I haven't tried them yet. I'm in a state of cogitation before action. I have always tended to do this when approaching something new. I turn an idea around my head for a while. It exasperates my wife!

If you cogitate in the house, she will make you clean the floor.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

billy rubin

Quote from: hermes2015 on March 28, 2021, 11:16:24 AM
I am preparing an almost zero carbohydrate lasagna with cabbage leaves instead if pasta. Since eliminating carbs from my meals two weeks ago, I have lost more than 2 kg of the weight I've gained since lock-down.

excellent. i also use that method to readjust my weight

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

hermes2015

Quote from: billy rubin on March 28, 2021, 12:40:56 PM
Quote from: hermes2015 on March 28, 2021, 11:16:24 AM
I am preparing an almost zero carbohydrate lasagna with cabbage leaves instead if pasta. Since eliminating carbs from my meals two weeks ago, I have lost more than 2 kg of the weight I've gained since lock-down.

excellent. i also use that method to readjust my weight

It does not even feel like a sacrifice, because I can eat butter, avocado pears, cheese, and tomatoes, all of which I love. It was a bit difficult weaning myself off bread, but it was worth it.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

billy rubin

do you eat meat? if you're removing carbohydrates, then you're also removing grains and legumes as a protein source. you don't need a lot of protein unless you're building muscle mass, but you have to have some

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

hermes2015

Quote from: billy rubin on March 28, 2021, 03:36:36 PM
do you eat meat? if you're removing carbohydrates, then you're also removing grains and legumes as a protein source. you don't need a lot of protein unless you're building muscle mass, but you have to have some

I do eat meat, but not very often. I like fish very much and eat it several times a week. I guess the cheese I eat daily provides enough protein and calcium.
― Charles Eames

hermes2015

I have a sweet tooth, so staying away from gateaux and pastries is probably my biggest hardship.
― Charles Eames

Tank

A Christian, a Jew and a Muslim walk into a bar.
The barman says
"Is this some sort of joke?"
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

Not a lot today. I appear to have strained something in my left knee. :(
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Tank on April 04, 2021, 08:37:06 AM
A Christian, a Jew and a Muslim walk into a bar.
The barman says
"Is this some sort of joke?"

If there's a Muslim in it it has to be a coffee shop.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Tank on April 04, 2021, 09:31:41 AM

Ye, you obviously need a knee transplant,
I'm ontogenically
What's with this "ontogenically" word?
The powers suggested it to me, I think I'm going to use it all the time, it describes me man.
Quotethe process of an individual organism growing organically; a purely biological unfolding of events involved in an organism changing gradually from a simple to a more complex level
Because of my personal genetics I'm unable to sympathise yet l'm impelled to rant on your behalf.
There's all those coma people who aren't going to need their knees, but the ethics twats won't let you have one.  You could get a  foreign knee for the price of a couple of kilos of salmon, less if you'd settle for a girls knee, but then you'd be limited to running like a girl.
I hope now you're out of that accursed union you can at least get one of these.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Dark Lightning

Finish up some sprinkler plumbing, eat a bit of candy purchased from See's. Went to CostCo yesterday, figuring to pick up a leg of lamb or lamb loin chops, but all they had were the ribs, and those are way too fatty for my taste. Went with t-bone steaks instead. That's just as good.

Sorry about your knee, Tank. I woke up during the night Friday with painful muscle cramps. I've been doing squats (90 pounds) and have to be careful with ligaments. First time for the muscles. Fortunately I had some muscle relaxers left over from a back injury.

Sandra Craft

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Tank

I've overdosed on Netflix :)

Got a knee brace/support on and it's a lot better this afternoon. :)

We're getting old DL :rofl:

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on April 04, 2021, 09:31:41 AM

Damn that sucks  :o
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

I slept all morning (stayed up late working on stuff), took the dogs for a short walk, cleaned a bit and now I'm going to work on some stuff again. The cycle is complete.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey