News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

An Albino Tortoise

Started by Recusant, June 10, 2022, 05:55:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

Hope it has a long and fruitful life.

"Rare albino Galapagos giant tortoise born in Swiss zoo" | Phys.org

Image Credit: Keystone / Jean-christophe Bott

QuoteVisitors to a Swiss zoo caught a glimpse on [June 3] of a rare albino Galapagos giant tortoise born in May. 

The baby tortoise may be a unique sight to behold with fair skin and red eyes. It weighs around 50 grams (1.7 ounces), and fits in the palm of one's hand.

Albinism is a genetic condition that results in little or no production of the pigment melanin, which determines the colour of the skin, hair and eyes. In animals, it can be accompanied by loss of sight and hearing.

The condition has never been observed in the tortoise species whose skin and shell are usually black, both in captivity and the wild.

"We are blessed by the gods," said Philippe Morel, owner of Tropiquarium zoo in Servion village, western Switzerland.

[Continues . . .]
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Asmodean

Quote from: Recusant on June 10, 2022, 05:55:58 AM
Quote"We are blessed by the gods,"
Not so. Blessed by the giant turtle, upon which stand four(?) elephants, upon which the Flat Earth rests.

Checkmate, ye Round-Earthers. Check. Mate. :smilenod:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Asmodean on June 10, 2022, 01:20:17 PM
Not so. Blessed by the giant turtle, upon which stand four(?) elephants, upon which the Flat Earth rests.

All Hail Great A'Tuin, the Giant Star Turtle!  :notworthy:

billy rubin

Quote from: Asmodean on June 10, 2022, 01:20:17 PM

its turtles all the way down.

thomas aquinas notwithstanding.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Asmodean

Hmm... Infinite turtles... :headscratch:

One doth wonder, given an infinite array of turtles, how many are albino? How many are soup? Do infinite turtles imply infinite turtle soup?

The Asmo wanders off, doing math.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

billy rubin

if the stack of turtles is infinite, then there is no need for a bottom turtle to support the flat earth. or a round earth- its the turtles that are important.

given this, thrre is no need for thomas aquinas's prime mover, or what he knew as god.

acommon scholastic argument in favour of divine creation, which fails because of flawed logic regarding the turtles.

no big deal. just reminded me of a turtle discussion i once had.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Icarus

If it is "turtles all the way down", then there is no limit.  Newtons calculus has gone to hell because of the absence of limit in the Y coordinate.

The Asmo may have a suitable mathematical understanding.