Myers-Briggs Typology Indicator

Started by TheFightSong, February 06, 2022, 11:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheFightSong

Wanted to make a topic about the Myers-Briggs Typology Indicator that is about different personality types.

TheFightSong

I am skeptical about the Myers-Briggs personality type test. But I keep getting either I.N.T.J. usually or I.N.F.J. sometimes for my personality type test results. Which I am not surprised by that. I hate people and don't trust anyone. I would rather go online, read, experiment, write, watch weird shows with wild comedy, and question many things than be with annoyingly stupid people socializing while blindly following orders or traditions. I would argue that I.N.T.J. is the least feminine compared to other personality types in M.B.T.I. If that is true, then I would be not surprised either way. Because besides wanting to take care of my hygiene, I don't care about the beauty industry and making myself look mindlessly beautiful doesn't interest me. I would rather befriend a person who does not have a problem with females having hairy legs or armpits. Because I am not interested in superficial clowns putting on façades by looking beautiful to hide their flawed human nature. Me being a Thinking Judger wouldn't be a surprise. I am not as gentle nor nice like the Feeling Perceivers are. I have a tendency to hold grudges rather than shut my brain off when people are being outrageously stupid and using their pathetic excuses for screwing up our world. So, I don't tolerate incompetence, anarchy, and complete lack of order even though humans are not perfect, especially me. Me being an iNtuitive wouldn't be a surprise considering my dreams are very vivid and bizarre. And yet I can remember them while knowing what they mean after waking up from dreaming. They are a reflection of my misanthropy, me wanting freedom from being a flawed human, swimming, flying, adventure, magic, fantasy, sometimes funny things, mathematics, and advanced technologies.  My mind has a tendency to be unpredictable and think about what normal people avoid thinking because it makes them feel uncomfortable or disgusted. I thought about being a horror writer once. I even thought about becoming an investigative journalist professionally to find out information that normal people would be too scared of finding.

hackenslash

Anybody who's spent more than five minutes looking at the work of, for example, John Bargh or Daniel Kahneman, knows that Briggs-Myers is total nonsense. It's one of those things that looks an awful lot like common sense, except that when you pick apart the logic of the question set it becomes clear that it's horrendously leading, and the conclusions treated as deductive rather than inductive, in a beautiful reflection of why Sherlock Holmes was in fact a deeply shoddy logician. Of course, in Holmes' case, that was hardly surprising, since Conan-Doyle was a gullible moron easily fooled by children.

What would you say if I told you I could change the way you score on a BM test with nothing more complicated than a disposable cup?
There is no more formidable or insuperable barrier to knowledge than the certainty you already possess it.

billy rubin

i took one years ago. cant remember the results.

now it appears that i have to pay 50 bucks to do it again, so that wont happen

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

TheFightSong

Quote from: hackenslash on February 08, 2022, 09:44:45 AM
Anybody who's spent more than five minutes looking at the work of, for example, John Bargh or Daniel Kahneman, knows that Briggs-Myers is total nonsense. It's one of those things that looks an awful lot like common sense, except that when you pick apart the logic of the question set it becomes clear that it's horrendously leading, and the conclusions treated as deductive rather than inductive, in a beautiful reflection of why Sherlock Holmes was in fact a deeply shoddy logician. Of course, in Holmes' case, that was hardly surprising, since Conan-Doyle was a gullible moron easily fooled by children.

What would you say if I told you I could change the way you score on a BM test with nothing more complicated than a disposable cup?
I would say that sounds funny to answer your question. But I would not be surprised if your personality type test result was an iNtuitive Thinker from the M.B.T.I. test. You're one of those people who analyze things and people. I can imagine having an intellectual debate with you and your idiot detector being used for detecting idiocy from people.  :snicker1:

hackenslash

The point I was making is that I can get any result I want from the test, because the questions are crap, and it's trivial to see where the scores lead. The test tells you nothing, and the results of the test will vary from test to test with a single individual, because most of the answers will vary with mood.

It's pure flim-flam.
There is no more formidable or insuperable barrier to knowledge than the certainty you already possess it.

Davin

It's about as good as a fashion magazine quiz. Everyone is at least a bit fluid.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.