News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Ideas for the Perfect Atheist/Freethinkers Funeral

Started by JackHandyDeepThinker, March 09, 2009, 04:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adimagejim

My ideal funeral is simple. Dig hole. Put Jim in hole. Cover Jim with dirt. Open wine already chilling by side of newly covered hole. Remember me the way I was, fantastic or faulty. Enjoy wine and whatever company surrounds newly covered hole. Linger as long as you like as life goes on when memories of me come to you.

Jim

PipeBox

Quote from: "adimagejim"My ideal funeral is simple. Dig hole. Put Jim in hole. Cover Jim with dirt. Open wine already chilling by side of newly covered hole. Remember me the way I was, fantastic or faulty. Enjoy wine and whatever company surrounds newly covered hole. Linger as long as you like as life goes on when memories of me come to you.

Jim

Not bad.  I'm amazed that despite calls of us being liberal, sophist intellectuals (with every implication we use more than our share) and hedonists, we're pretty simple folk.  We don't ask for a lot.
If sin may be committed through inaction, God never stopped.

My soul, do not seek eternal life, but exhaust the realm of the possible.
-- Pindar

SallyMutant

Thanks! Gotta plug Jessica Mitford books. It's too bad a lot is out of print. Check your library for Daughter and Rebels, or Hons and Rebels in England, A Fine Old Conflict, Poison Penmanship, and The American Way of Birth. And Virginia Durr's memoir, Outside the Magic Circle, is a great read about New Dealer and Popular Front folk that has some good info about Decca.
There's nothing wrong with ambivalence--is there?

SallyMutant

Thanks! Got to plug Jessica Mitford.
Since most of her stuff is out of print check these out at your Library: Daughters and Rebels (Hons and Rebels in England, I think), A Fine Old Conflict, Poison Penmanship, The American Way of Birth.
GO DECCA!
There's nothing wrong with ambivalence--is there?