News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Haward Stern - Science Vs Creationism

Started by Tank, December 09, 2011, 12:47:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Beware lots of F'bombs!

Science Vs Creationism

Interesting take on separation of church and state and why religion should not be taught in schools.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Pharaoh Cat

What's that word or phrase Howard kept saying - "bubba mind"?  In context it seemed to mean "made up bullshit."

"The Logic Elf rewards anyone who thinks logically."  (Jill)

Tank

Quote from: Pharaoh Cat on December 09, 2011, 01:09:46 PM
What's that word or phrase Howard kept saying - "bubba mind"?  In context it seemed to mean "made up bullshit."

You may right. I couldn't understand what he was saying there either.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

cshearer

Oh deary me. I wish I could afford satellite radio!

I obviously find it ridiculous when people suggest we should teach creationism in schools. Now, I'm a pretty "moderate" atheist I suppose you could say, so I'm usually not as boisterous as Stern when discussing something like this. Creationism is not science, as much as they'd like to believe, and therefore should not impede on the teaching of evolution in biology. Evolution, although I haven't studied it yet in college, is such an in-depth topic and deserves to have all the time, not hocus pocus.

Creationism has no place in government-funded schools. Private school? Whatever. I just hope my (eventual) kids live in a world where there's no question whether or not evolution is taught and creationism is not.
"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I still get to kill something."