News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

It has been a long time...

Started by Waski_the_Squirrel, December 06, 2020, 05:15:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waski_the_Squirrel

I'm 45. My grandparents passed away about 20 years ago or more. On one side, my grandmother died when I was in first grade. She had Alzheimer's, and my  memories of her are confused because she thought I was my father. I remember humoring her. Her husband died in 1952 due to some medical issues. According to my father, he was pretty amazing.   But my father was 12 when he died.

On my mother's side, I was lucky. My grandfather died of a stroke in his 80s. He was in a K-mart and was arguing with my grandmother about where to have lunch. It stuns me that many employees of that K-mart called the hospital that night to find out how my grandfather was doing. He was that kind of guy. Sadly, he didn't last long. My grandmother lived a few more years, but she was never the same.

I understand. I never fit in well with my family. They were all into biology and such. I preferred technology and machines. My grandfather understood. He was the same way.

I don't know when I took this picture. But, from the setting, they were still on the farm, and I was probably in the single digits.

So, while I was looking at pictures, I found this photo of my grandfather clearing a beaver dam on the way to his favorite fishing spot. Wow, this is a long time ago! I was a young boy when I took this photo.

And here is a shot from their farm. Did I really live in a place so beautiful?

And here is one more shot from their farm.

One more shot from their farm. Yes, I'm really missing them tonight.

And here is a  bad photo of a spot on the creek that ran through their land. I adopted this area.

Recusant

Quote from: Waski_the_Squirrel on December 06, 2020, 05:15:42 AM
I'm 45. My grandparents passed away about 20 years ago or more. On one side, my grandmother died when I was in first grade. She had Alzheimer's, and my  memories of her are confused because she thought I was my father. I remember humoring her. Her husband died in 1952 due to some medical issues. According to my father, he was pretty amazing.   But my father was 12 when he died.

On my mother's side, I was lucky. My grandfather died of a stroke in his 80s. He was in a K-mart and was arguing with my grandmother about where to have lunch. It stuns me that many employees of that K-mart called the hospital that night to find out how my grandfather was doing. He was that kind of guy. Sadly, he didn't last long. My grandmother lived a few more years, but she was never the same.

I understand. I never fit in well with my family. They were all into biology and such. I preferred technology and machines. My grandfather understood. He was the same way.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

It's a pleasure to see your photos, and to see you here again.  :computerwave:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Icarus

:this:                                   

xSilverPhinx

:computerwave: Hi, Waski! Weclome back!

It looks like a great place! Must have been awesome. :tellmemore:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Randy

The place looks like something I'd escape the city life to.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Ecurb Noselrub

Is the farm in Vermont, New Hampshire or Maine?  It's beautiful.