News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

I Made Some Music

Started by Davin, October 02, 2019, 08:06:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davin

I made some music for a small Doom (classic) inspired game I'm almost done making.

If other people make music, they can post it in this thread because I'd be interested in that.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

xSilverPhinx

That's really cool, Davin (music and game)! The most I've done was cut and merge pieces of existing tracks together, but never created my own original music.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Magdalena

:dance1:
That is cool, Davin.
It sounds like something that should be in a Terminator movie. My little boy thinks it should be in the Sonic movie that's being released February 14, 2020. ;D

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

hermes2015

That's a good match to the image, I think. I've played around with some free loops in Acid Music, but could never achieve anything like your music.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Davin

Thanks, all.

This is a video of the first level of the game, which is a clone of the first level of classic Doom. Not all the sfx were hooked up yet like the zombies shooting.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

xSilverPhinx

That's really cool, Davin. How long did it take to make that? Do you use a sort of platform or made it from scratch?

Davin

Thanks.

Up to that point it was about four weeks. It took me almost seven weeks to complete it, with only three levels.

I used Unreal Engine 4, and created all the graphics, music from scratch in various other programs. The sounds were a mix of creating from scratch and modifying sounds I own the license to use.

For anyone interested, the game project page is here:
https://www.gamedev.net/projects/1758-doomish/

It's a short game of only three levels and about 90 MB.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Davin on October 11, 2019, 03:25:17 PM
Thanks.

Up to that point it was about four weeks. It took me almost seven weeks to complete it, with only three levels.

I used Unreal Engine 4, and created all the graphics, music from scratch in various other programs. The sounds were a mix of creating from scratch and modifying sounds I own the license to use.

For anyone interested, the game project page is here:
https://www.gamedev.net/projects/1758-doomish/

It's a short game of only three levels and about 90 MB.

Impressive.  :)