News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Bigger fonts please

Started by SSY, April 19, 2010, 04:40:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SSY

I tried to make an unimpressed face today

:/

And wanted to make it huge, but size 200 is the limit, could you up that? I have not seen the size function being abused in the forum, so I doubt letting it get a bit bigger would lead to problems. I can imagine you may fear posts all in size 1000 text, which I agree would be bad, but sometimes, I think a little more impact would be good, if it became a problem, it should be easy to snip the size allowance back down?

Thank you (possibly)
Quote from: "Godschild"SSY: You are fairly smart and to think I thought you were a few fries short of a happy meal.
Quote from: "Godschild"explain to them how and why you decided to be athiest and take the consequences that come along with it
Quote from: "Aedus"Unlike atheists, I'm not an angry prick

AlP

Whitney, I suggest moving this to the philosophy section.
"I rebel -- therefore we exist." - Camus

SSY

Quote from: "Godschild"SSY: You are fairly smart and to think I thought you were a few fries short of a happy meal.
Quote from: "Godschild"explain to them how and why you decided to be athiest and take the consequences that come along with it

LoneMateria

I think what he was trying to say is that there is no practical use for fonts bigger then 200.  There probably isn't any use for it either.  If you want it to look bigger you can always hold down the ctrl key and use the wheel on your mouse to adjust the size ^_^.  Honestly I don't see any practical use for font size 200.  Maybe instead of making bigger fonts (which could be badly abused if say some fundie hops in and makes a 3 page post of bs 15 pages long because of font size 400) we should make bigger smilies where there is less of a chance of someone abusing it rather then something that could be horrendously abused.
Quote from: "Richard Lederer"There once was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time was called the Dark Ages
Quote from: "Demosthenes"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true.
Quote from: "Oscar Wilde"Truth, in matters of religion, is simpl

AlP

I also suggest banning AlP.
"I rebel -- therefore we exist." - Camus

pinkocommie

Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

kelltrill

My brain hurts just thinking about another cowbell-hugging caps-loving fundie posting a sermon in size googol font. I'm sorry for not taking your side with this SSY, although I agree with you about banning AIP.
"Faith is generally nothing more than the permission religious people give to one another to believe things strongly without evidence."

Whitney

I wouldn't even know how to adjust that setting...

Ellainix

Quote from: "Ivan Tudor C McHock"If your faith in god is due to your need to explain the origin of the universe, and you do not apply this same logic to the origin of god, then you are an idiot.

Whitney

Quote from: "Ellainix"Just make a picture!
[attachment=0:339abpr9]eh.gif[/attachment:339abpr9]

SSY

Quote from: "Ellainix"Just make a picture!

effort, I have none, I couldn't even be bothered to capitalise the first "e" in this post.

karadan

This thread; it are funneh.

:typehappy:
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

joeactor

I'd like some smaller fonts, please