News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Ban The Poster Above You

Started by The Magic Pudding, July 09, 2011, 02:08:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Magic Pudding

I've seen this kind of thread elsewhere, they seem popular.
Though looking at a thread for an example of witty riposte is proving harder than expected.

An example

Person 1: bans the person above for reading romance novels.

Next person bans for being a stodgy old coot.

The Magic Pudding

Banned because I like bandicoots and elderly bandicoots should be respected.

Rizuidad

Banned because is older than the big bang, and therefore is god. And therefore clearly does not exist. :D

I like these threads, Magic Pudding. Where do you get them?

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Rizuidad on July 09, 2011, 03:06:19 AM
I like these threads, Magic Pudding. Where do you get them?

Banned for undermining my paltry attempt at HAF resuscitation with a link request.  :)

I did put a link on the Grant My Wish thread because I'd only seen it in one other place, but I don't get around all that much.

original_gender

Banned for consorting with suspicious characters.

Sweetdeath

Banned for having an indistinguishable user icon.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Sweetdeath on July 09, 2011, 04:00:17 AM
Banned for having an indistinguishable user icon.

Banned for using an electrical avatar distinguisher on a sardonic avatar.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

DeterminedJuliet

Banned for avatar being a tank of war and not a tank full of beautiful exotic fishes.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Asmodean

Banned.  >:( Because Asmodean demands it.  >:(

:P
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Banned for being a grumpy blob of grey clay ;D
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Tank on July 09, 2011, 02:34:36 PM

Banned for attacking the blob of clay I loyally support when not planning his his eternal torment spinning on a potter's wheel listening to that song from Ghost, without any fondling by a young Demi Moore.  This is the punctuation I didn't have time to insert earlier in the paragraph ,.,

Tank

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on July 09, 2011, 02:57:22 PM
Quote from: Tank on July 09, 2011, 02:34:36 PM

Banned for attacking the blob of clay I loyally support when not planning his his eternal torment spinning on a potter's wheel listening to that song from Ghost, without any fondling by a young Demi Moore.  This is the punctuation I didn't have time to insert earlier in the paragraph ,.,
Banned for forming a clique with a of strange cartoon characters.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Tank on July 09, 2011, 03:16:28 PM
Banned for forming a clique with a of strange cartoon characters.

Banned for being in so much of a rush to ban me you've fallen under the thrall of the attack response, almost totally loosing the use of language.  

The smiley face doesn't look all that friendly, I don't like the cheesy and the spaghetti monster seems to mock.
I'll have to learn the keyboard smilies.

Recusant

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on July 09, 2011, 03:27:26 PM...almost totally loosing the use of language...

Banned for perpetuating the internet solecism of using "loose" in place of "lose." A minor annoyance perhaps, but one must draw a line in the sand at some point! Also, for exposing my occasional use of an image search (though it was TinEye, not Google) in the album cover thread, and thus bringing my fraud to a grinding halt. *shakes fist while twirling mustache*
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken