News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Trump for President

Started by Sophus, February 17, 2011, 06:20:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophus

Quote from: "McQ"
Quote from: "Sophus"
Quote from: "AnimatedDirt"It's okay.  He's different.  He has a business mind that is geared towards making profit...He can't make it any worse than the trend we have been seeing in our leadership now.
Ahem... that you saw in Bush.  :)

We're out of the recession now that Bush and the Republicans put us in.

I'd disagree with this statement. The recession was longer in coming than the Bush administration, and is much more complicated than people make it out to be. Many more factors probably enter into this than one administration of one branch of our government, but most people don't want to acknowledge that, because it takes away their evil enemy. I'm surprised you oversimplified it like this. Was Bush a factor? Of course. And he made it worse, I agree. But he was not even remotely the only factor responsible.
Didn't mean to imply he was the only factor. Meant he was more to blame than "our leadership now".

The deficit, a bit of a different story.
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

Heretical Rants

The deficit is from Reagan, Bush, and the other Bush, right?

terranus

Quote from: "rawrdog822"If Trump were to become President, I would move to Canada.  That's not even a joke, seriously, I will move to Canada.  I will strap moose horns to my head and start singing, "Ohhhh Canada!"

F that. New Zealand baby, here I come!...in about 4 years when my contract with Uncle Sam is up. Canada is too damn cold.
Trovas Veron!
--terranus | http://terranus.org--

McQ

We've had shit fiscal policies for as long as I can remember. Although a former military officer and a believer in having a military that is prepped and strong, we've wasted literally countless funds on ridiculous military spending programs. This wasn't just a republican thing, either. It also wasn't just an executive branch thing, even though every president is the head of the military. But we have to get all fiscal policies clicking to repair the deficit and to get our economy out of the toilet, and that is one job I don't envy anyone.

Trump would do no worse and probably no better than most presidents. But I'd never give the guy the time of day, let alone a vote.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Whitney

I'd have to know more about Trump's views on religious freedom and women rights in order to decide if I'd prefer him over Palin or not.  But without actually knowing I'd assume he would have to be better than Palin because few are worse than her.

His dictator business approach is a concern though...I don't feel that he'd actually care about the will of the people after elections were over.  Not to mention...do we really want the White House to be decorated all in gold?  ;)

ForTheLoveOfAll

If Ron Paul doesn't run, and win, I'm going to be pissed.

If Trump runs, and wins, I'm moving.
A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism.
-Carl Sagan

I loved when Bush came out and said, "We are losing the war against drugs." You know what that implies? There's a war being fought, and the people on drugs are winning it.
- Bill Hicks

BadPoison

Quote from: "ForTheLoveOfAll"If Ron Paul doesn't run, and win, I'm going to be pissed.

Trump is right about one thing: Ron Paul will never win.

ForTheLoveOfAll

Quote from: "BadPoison"
Quote from: "ForTheLoveOfAll"If Ron Paul doesn't run, and win, I'm going to be pissed.

Trump is right about one thing: Ron Paul will never win.
And that's what saddens me.
The powers that be never want someone who speaks the truth.  :|
A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism.
-Carl Sagan

I loved when Bush came out and said, "We are losing the war against drugs." You know what that implies? There's a war being fought, and the people on drugs are winning it.
- Bill Hicks

BadPoison

I don't see how a libertarian could be anything but prochoice.

Recusant

I admire Ron Paul's anti-militarist stance, but many of his other positions I find dubious, to say the least. One of the main things which prevent me from ever considering supporting him is his interpretation of the Establishment Clause of the 1st Amendment.  It's just plain wrong.

Quote"In case after case, the Supreme Court has used the infamous 'Separation of Church and State' metaphor to uphold court decisions that allow the federal government to intrude upon and deprive citizens of their religious liberty." [Ron Paul]

Ron Paul further complained in that speech that the government ought not to be blocked from establishing official prayers in schools and at public events, and promoting the Old Testament as the source of American law in courthouses through the exclusive display of the Ten Commandments. In doing so, Ron Paul sided with radical right wing Christian zealots who seek theocracy, like Judge Roy Moore from Alabama.

Ron Paul's legislation, if enacted, would have enabled a two-class system of rights in America, with members of majority religious groups able to establish special rights to enforce their beliefs through the power of government institutions, and others unable to protect their right to not participate in the majority's religious rituals through the constitutionally-guaranteed access to the courts.
:shake:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

terranus

Ron Paul can kiss my left-wing big-government arse.  :shake:
Trovas Veron!
--terranus | http://terranus.org--

BadPoison

Quote from: "terranus"Ron Paul can kiss my left-wing big-government arse.  :shake:

Rand Paul is such a tool.

DJAkuma

Quote from: "AnimatedDirt"
Quote from: "Sophus"Going in and out of bankruptcy over and over again is business savvy?
He's not pushing a hot dog cart around NYC, is he?

True, the hot dog guy probably never had to file for bankruptcy or has ever been in the red.