News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Lightning

Right! I'm hoping that this means the breakage wasn't too bad. As opposed to sending him home to die, or convalesce for years. My youngest brother fell and broke his back many years ago. When he went to the ER, they wanted to hospitalize him. He didn't manage to graduate High School, so didn't understand what the word "fracture" meant.  ::) I do know a guy who fell out of a tree and broke his back, but only needed a brace. He was back at work after falling out of a tree, and he was in his 60s. We always seem to expect quad- or paraplegia with broken backs, but some people manage to escape that. I hope your brother is one of them, JJ. :smilenod:

Ecurb Noselrub

The key is whether the spinal cord was damaged. If it is damaged in the initial injury or by subsequent swelling or infection, you have problems.  Otherwise, it's just a matter of the bones healing.

xSilverPhinx

How is your brother doing, jj?
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

hermes2015

My mind and eyes are on Tom Daley.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

No one

Hannah Hourly is a favorite of mine!

xSilverPhinx

My pup Joy is going to be spayed tomorrow. I'm a little worried...Anaesthesia can be a little treacherous at times. 

Here she is on a bed my grandmother made for her.  ;D

billy rubin

i think she ll  be fine.

she ll be a bit tender for a dsy or two tho

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: billy rubin on August 03, 2021, 12:21:10 AM
i think she ll  be fine.

She's restless from the pain, which I imagine to be a lot.   :(  I gave her some pain medication so she could lie down on her bed and rest.

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 03, 2021, 08:50:54 PM
i think she ll  be fine.

She's restless from the pain, which I imagine to be a lot.   :(  I gave her some pain medication so she could lie down on her bed and rest.
Awww.  :(
Poor thing.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on August 03, 2021, 09:51:47 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 03, 2021, 08:50:54 PM
i think she ll  be fine.

Awww.  :(
Poor thing.

Yeah  :(

Today's she's much better though. She even tried to get me to throw the ball for her (fetch is her favourite game). But obviously, I wouldn't. We don't want her stitches to come undone.  ::)

I just have one thing to say though: never go to the pet store when feeling extremely guilty for having put your pet through a major surgery unless you want to spend a lot of money on treats. :deadpan: A lot of money.

Dark Lightning

If you have the time, I think that gentle hugs are better. :smilenod: I took our spaniel mix to the vet yesterday for a pre-dental cleaning checkup. I gave her the prescribed tranquilizer dose before we went, but she still screamed when the vet touched her. (should have seen her, last time!)  :'( I managed to soothe her enough to have the vet do some checking out. She's a really smart and sensitive dog who has obviously seen some abuse in her past.  >:(

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 04, 2021, 11:04:03 PM

I just have one thing to say though: never go to the pet store when feeling extremely guilty for having put your pet through a major surgery unless you want to spend a lot of money on treats. :deadpan: A lot of money.

:notes:
Got it.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Ecurb Noselrub

She looks like a sweet puppy.  Get well soon!

Anne D.

Jumbojak, is your brother doing OK?