News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

what's the last thing you bought?

Started by billy rubin, November 01, 2019, 09:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

This afternoon I went to the supermarket to buy onions. I ended up buying a lot of stuff I didn't really need and I forgot the onions. ::)
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on February 03, 2021, 12:05:51 AM
This afternoon I went to the supermarket to buy onions. I ended up buying a lot of stuff I didn't really need and I forgot the onions. ::)

How old are you? That's the sort of thing I do!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

Just bought a book, The Complete Guide to Joint Making.

I'll leave you to imagine what sort of 'joint' I am interested in making  ::)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Tank on February 03, 2021, 05:14:36 PM
Just bought a book, The Complete Guide to Joint Making.

I'll leave you to imagine what sort of 'joint' I am interested in making  ::)

;D

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on February 03, 2021, 05:05:01 PM

How old are you? That's the sort of thing I do!

I just turned 35. :twitch:

Tom62

After our old toaster broke after only 5 years, we decided to buy this English beauty. It is handmade, extremely sturdy and every part can be replaced.

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tom62 on February 23, 2021, 09:53:36 AM
After our old toaster broke after only 5 years, we decided to buy this English beauty. It is handmade, extremely sturdy and every part can be replaced.

Shiny! :grin:

Randy

Quote from: Tom62 on February 23, 2021, 09:53:36 AM

Sounds like a good deal to me!
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

xSilverPhinx

billy rubin

you should buy a motorcycle.

they are very stylish, and quite practical as well.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on February 24, 2021, 12:01:41 AM

What should I buy... :chin:

:oooh-me!:
Buy a nice dress and a pair of high heels, just for the heck of it.  :grin:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

This afternoon I went to the supermarket to buy onions. I ended up buying a french press coffee maker.  :fingertap:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

...I don't even know how it works.  :fingertap:

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: billy rubin on February 24, 2021, 02:05:06 AM
you should buy a motorcycle.

they are very stylish, and quite practical as well.

:lol: What am I going to do with a motocycle? I don't know how to ride one of those!  ;D

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on February 24, 2021, 02:58:38 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on February 24, 2021, 12:01:41 AM

What should I buy... :chin:

:oooh-me!:
Buy a nice dress and a pair of high heels, just for the heck of it.  :grin:

Heheh! I like your suggestion, but if you saw me trying to walk in high heels you wouldn't suggest a disaster waiting to happen. :grin: