News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Game: The Next Person... (true or false)

Started by Amicale, May 21, 2012, 10:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Lightning

If you can find a company that hires short haul drivers out west, that could provide the answer. If it is lucrative enough, you could live out there and just send money home.

billy rubin

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: billy rubin on September 18, 2021, 04:35:55 AM
many years ago, somewhere in new mexico, in the high desert

on my old triumph, 90 miles per hour

mile after mile, flat on the tank

as the basalt cliffs slowly swung up from over the horizon and grew in height

mile after mile.

tnp has never seen the calm isolation of the high desert

i ask myself.

why am i not in the west? what ever possessed me to emigrate to appalachia?

of all places?

False...We were deep into the desert, near the soul of the earth itself when the drugs began to take hold.
I of course wanted oranges, but they kept giving me limes. Not even one decent lemon to bite into, just fucking limes, but the salt was divine, straight from the desert floor, pure alkaline.

Raw tequila bites better than bourbon, it give you a better voice, less gravely with more soul and spirit...bourban is for cheap motels, unfiltered cigarettes, and washed-out dreams.

With tequila you can see god, write poetry,...fall in love.

TNP has slept out in the Smokey Mountains and dreamed of....
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Tank

False, but it would be fun.

TNP can't be arsed to answer this.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Bad Penny II

True I think, unless "has a few cares left to give" has a meaning I'm not aware of.
I don't feel obliged to care about the problems of far away humans with different world views.
The loss of Steller's sea cow is much more sorrowful to me than the Rwandan genocide.

TNP is underwhelmed by Windows 11, free for a limited time offer.

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Ecurb Noselrub

True. Ocean's 11 was much better.

TNP has an aversion to the number 43.

Bad Penny II

False
I did till I took course of forethought, then I was free of it.

TNP wonders where all the 1980s phone sanitisers got to.

Bad Penny II

False
They got marched into a Whovian time thing.
They can be seen on the News most days, all suited up doing Covid clean-ups.
TNP wonders where/when these soldiers will be next deployed.

Anne D.

False. I'm an American; we cause chaos in far-flung places on a whim and can't be bothered to think through the consequences beforehand.

The next person has terrible insomnia.

Ecurb Noselrub

Half true, half false.  I need melatonin to sleep most of the time, and then I wake up and still have half the night to deal with.  But lots of people have it much worse.

TNP has never been to Spain, but he/she has been to Oklahoma.

Dark Lightning

:lol: True! I spent a few hours in Oklahoma, in '73.

TNP has been to Antarctica.

billy rubin

false. i have not been to antarctica, but a wonderful woman with whom i had an unforgettable relationship spent time there.

there are women i havent seen in decades who i will never forget, and she was one of them.

anyway the NP has never fished for barracuda with a hand line in the south china sea

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Tank

False. I have only paddled in the Pacific once and never did any fishing.

The next person has visited Israel.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ecurb Noselrub

False, but Israel and Egypt are on my list.  Just don't know if there is enough time left in the hour glass.

TNP is so happy that it is Friday that he/she is willing to say "TGIF" even if he/she doesn't believe in G.