News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Religion and Family

Started by Tricky_Niki, December 01, 2007, 12:08:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pagan1

tacoma_kyle,I am fairly sure that Dawkins said this on some UK tv documentary that I downloaded...

rlrose328,I really don't like christmas,I went with my two children to the family gathering,but next year I am thinking of writing to them and telling them that I have been abducted by Aliens...

SteveS

Quote from: "rlrose"I thought it quite rude of her to ask me to go with her to church. I'd NEVER invite her to go to my atheist meetup or to even join my atheist mom's mailing list
Yeah - why does nobody get that?  I guess its 'cause they feel so strongly that going to church is "the right thing to do"....

Mister Joy

Hmm yes. Christians have more motive for that kind of thing because 'if you aren't saved your soul will burn in Hell' and so forth. So if it's a loved one especially, they're going to be concerned. To an atheist it doesn't matter whether you're Christian or not; everyone's going to be the same when they're dead. Probably why we have a much more live and let live outlook, I think.

Kona

Triki,

I think you did the best thing you could....you were honest and she has to respect that.  One thing I have learned is that parents will always try and 'save' the grandkids.  You maybe a lost cause, but there is always hope for the grandkids!
Fight Global Warming......Save a Pirate!