News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

23rd March. Atheist Day.

Started by Tank, March 23, 2021, 10:01:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Today the 23rd March is Atheist day.

HAPPY ATHEIST DAY!!!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Bad Penny II

What is the history of Atheist Day?
Was it when Powers gathered us up and forced us to recant...

Recant:  Formally reject or disavow a formerly held belief, usually under pressure

I can't recant because I don't have a belief...

Praise the Lord, I have seen the light, thank you thank you, no need for all that subtly laid out metal paraphernalia, take the red hot poker out of the fire and put the kettle on, lets talk about Jesus  :)
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

LifeisSweet

Wow - we have our own day!  Think I'll celebrate tonight with a nice home made Massaman curry and some pinot noir!
"When we exist, death is not; and when death exists, we are not." Epicurus

xSilverPhinx

Cool! I didn't know we had our own day to celebrate! :party:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 23, 2021, 04:15:56 PM

It used to be April 1st but some atheists objected so it was moved. Personally I liked April 1st :D
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Tank on March 23, 2021, 05:19:55 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 23, 2021, 04:15:56 PM

It used to be April 1st but some atheists objected so it was moved. Personally I liked April 1st :D

I didn't know this was a thing either, and yeah, I wish they'd kept April 1st.  That's funny.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Randy

Is this going to be an annual thing? I don't know what I'm supposed to do on that day. Do I put up a tree and decorate it with jack o'lanterns?
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Tank

Quote from: Randy on March 24, 2021, 02:48:23 PM
Is this going to be an annual thing? I don't know what I'm supposed to do on that day. Do I put up a tree and decorate it with jack o'lanterns?

It's been going a while. I don't know if there are any traditions yet.

Randy

Quote from: Tank on March 24, 2021, 06:46:06 PM

Then I think the matter at hand fall to us to rectify. We could start by sacrificing babies or whatever it is we are alleged to do.
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Tank

Quote from: Randy on March 24, 2021, 06:50:51 PM
Quote from: Tank on March 24, 2021, 06:46:06 PM

Then I think the matter at hand fall to us to rectify. We could start by sacrificing babies or whatever it is we are alleged to do.

:rofl:

Icarus

Randy you should decorate the tree with Jack Daniels not Jack O Lanterns.

Randy

Quote from: Icarus on March 25, 2021, 12:27:29 AM
See Icarus, the bottles of Jack Daniels would be empty by the time the reached the tree. :grin:

Magdalena

Quote from: Randy on March 25, 2021, 02:55:30 AM
Quote from: Icarus on March 25, 2021, 12:27:29 AM
See Icarus, the bottles of Jack Daniels would be empty by the time the reached the tree. :grin:
:snicker:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant