News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

It's Sunday. What are you going to do today?

Started by Tank, February 14, 2021, 10:21:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom62

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 12, 2021, 12:01:51 AM
Quote from: Tom62 on April 11, 2021, 06:35:17 AM
Today we will get a new cat. A beautiful female Main Coon kitty, called Zelda. She will keep Randy and Ricky, our two male Coonies, in check.

Pics, please! ;D

The handover has been postponed, because the cat owner is sick. It will hopefully take place later this week.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Tank

Took the dogs out for a walk and litter picked through the woods.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

today is my 21st day living in my truck hauling sand. some 60 or 65 loads of around 40,000 pounds each.

so tonight i go home for a week and mail motorcycle parts to sweden, buy a new washing machine, see about dividing the one beehive that lasted through the winter, buy 400 pounds of sugar to mix up syrup, order some motorcycle parts for the track bike, change the oil in three trucks, take a car to the mechanic, prep my taxes, pay the accululated bills, pick up metal from the burn pile in the hayfield, sink fence posts for a cross fence on tbe north side of the farm, take some walks, set some live traps to look over the small mammals in the woods, spend some slow time with the wife, sleep late, and in general try to catch up some.

but for today ill just haul more sand.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

billy rubin

and set up tbe fish tank with darters and shiners

minnows too

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

billy rubin

nah, i'm mostly just delusional.

thats my wish list. we'll see how far i get

i forgot to add i need to order pizza pans to make wheel covers for the race bike and decide how much mandrel bent tubing to buy to weld up a tighter exhaust system for it, one that tucks away out of the slipstream

and i will buy some jet fuel to celebrate being home in the springtime

Dark Lightning

Wokked the dog, and then went to get the gag reflex checked. But they had me spit in a test tube, instead. Foot surgery is Wednesday, at a time as yet unknown. It may well be that they are waiting for the C19 test results before committing.  :???:

xSilverPhinx

I went for a 2-hour walk in the morning (I've been spending way too much time sitting down and it's beginning to take its toll...), then I sat down in front of the computer for the rest of the morning. After lunch I took a power nap which lasted till about 16h :grin:

I woke up feeling the usual range of guilty feelings and sat down in front of the computer again to get some work done. Online classes are a lot more work...every week there are loads of tasks I need to complete and hand in, and with my procrastination tendencies it hasn't been easy. ::)
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dark Lightning

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 19, 2021, 12:06:07 AM
I went for a 2-hour walk in the morning (I've been spending way too much time sitting down and it's beginning to take its toll...), then I sat down in front of the computer for the rest of the morning. After lunch I took a power nap which lasted till about 16h :grin:

I woke up feeling the usual range of guilty feelings and sat down in front of the computer again to get some work done. Online classes are a lot more work...every week there are loads of tasks I need to complete and hand in, and with my procrastination tendencies it hasn't been easy. ::)

:dominatrix: Back to work, young lady!  ;D

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dark Lightning on April 19, 2021, 12:30:34 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 19, 2021, 12:06:07 AM

:dominatrix: Back to work, young lady!  ;D

Heh, in a moment!  :sidesmile:

No one

Cooking a family of four........I mean.......cooking for a family of four.

Tank

Well today I went to see one of my grandsons playing football at a local football field. Picked litter on the way and back. 10,000+ steps and two bags of litter. Plus a bit of 'treasure', a little tea pot. :)

billy rubin

i am going to sit at tbe sandyard and read.

as i delivered my last load, tbe pickup and deliver app everybody uses now froze.

fispatch could nt fix it. said to call IT.

company IT couldnt fix it. said to call dispatch.

currently i am waiting until tomorrow for the software developers to come to work, as the isdue appeats server related.

but i have resding to catch up on and tomorrow is day 15, so im headed in for a week

xSilverPhinx

I did nothing, basically. That frustrates me but it takes way too much energy to change this pattern.

Dark Lightning

Took the wife out to lunch at a Mexican restaurant that she likes.