News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

It's Sunday. What are you going to do today?

Started by Tank, February 14, 2021, 10:21:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Quote from: Tank on June 13, 2021, 10:53:00 AM
Memeing Mags idea!

Then off to some friends for lunch :)

I like it, but I think it should be:
"If red wine is the blood of Jesus, then white wine is his...plasma? Yes?"
;D

Enjoy your lunch.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

Well this morning I work up a little before 6am, showered and went out for a dog walk and litter pick.

Some previous wombling around my area.

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dark Lightning

You are a nice, public-spirited person! The city I live in does have some litter, but not like where I used to live- the San Fernando Valley. It actually depresses me when I go there now; it just looks like a shithole where I used to live. Here, if someone dumps trash in the street (seldom, but stuff like fast food bags), a homeowner will go collect it and dispose of it.

BoT, I'm making a kumiko panel, sort of like this one (scroll down just past the first video to the "asa-no-ha" pic)-

https://bau-woodworks.com/kumiko-patterns-the-different-designs-of-the-japanese-wood-latticework/

Except that I'm making a grid of nine of them. I also made those jigs to guide the chopping of the ends of the pieces to size and shape.

billy rubin

theres a guy on my road that hoes to town and buys a 12 pack of beer, then drives home drinking them and throwing the cans out the window along about 5 miles of road. ive been picking em up for almist 20 years8

if i knew who it was id like to pick them all up and  stuff them in his ass

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Tank

Quote from: billy rubin on July 11, 2021, 04:21:45 PM
theres a guy on my road that hoes to town and buys a 12 pack of beer, then drives home drinking them and throwing the cans out the window along about 5 miles of road. ive been picking em up for almist 20 years8

if i knew who it was id like to pick them all up and  stuff them in his ass

I have one of those one my patch! I think it's a woman. I find an empty 1/3 bottle of cheap rose wine Monday to Friday in approximately the same place on a path that leads from the local supermarket.  >:(
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Magdalena

Quote from: Tank on July 11, 2021, 10:53:59 AM
Well this morning I work up a little before 6am, showered and went out for a dog walk and litter pick.

Some previous wombling around my area.

That's so nice of you, Tank.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

billy rubin

loaded thev truck, hooked to the trailer and mudbogged through the hayfield to the lane. evefything i think ill need is on the trailer orvthe truck

leaving in the bright and early. 1184 miles to the airbase and then another 60 to buy extra gasoline, back to the runways to do final repairs on the machines and then three days of a heart rate so slow i can count the beats.

if racing a 56 year old motorcycle doesnt kill me the bleeding off of avyears worth of stress will make me live forever

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Tank

Quote from: billy rubin on July 12, 2021, 02:44:46 AM
loaded thev truck, hooked to the trailer and mudbogged through the hayfield to the lane. evefything i think ill need is on the trailer orvthe truck

leaving in the bright and early. 1184 miles to the airbase and then another 60 to buy extra gasoline, back to the runways to do final repairs on the machines and then three days of a heart rate so slow i can count the beats.

if racing a 56 year old motorcycle doesnt kill me the bleeding off of avyears worth of stress will make me live forever

That sounds great.

Tom62

My wife and I had a massage treatment. After that we went to an Italian restaurant for lunch and in the evening we went to a nice German restaurant. I intended to watch the match between England and Italy afterwards, but was just too tired.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Tank

Icarus

Busted my hump repairing another door in my house.  It was an exterior door that had deteriorated to a point that demanded attention, or at least my wife thought so.  Actually I have been working on the damned door for about a week off and on.  I finally got the thing neatly repaired and put back in place.

WHEW!  I am glad that is over.  The door weighs nearly a hundred pounds and it was a bitch to remove and re-instal. 

Brian Ó Seanacháin

What I did last Sunday, watch Limerick give Tipperary a spankering (eventually) in the Munster final while I was busy cowering in fear from the sun.

We Irish are not built for this weather, we are a fair and delicate lot.
I like to pay my taxes.  With them I buy civilisation.

Oliver Wendell Holmes Jnr, Supreme Court Justice.

Also, the only GAA in the village.

Tank

Well today I went and cleared out a litter hot spot I found yesterday. Six bags full of beer cans, crisp packets, drinks bottles, sweet wrappers, wet wipes and other assorted rubbish. Better than 2 hours in church. :)

Dark Lightning

^ Better than thoughts and prayers. What a bunch of pigs, leaving that all behind! Apologies to swine while I'm at it, they're not that bad.