News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tom62

Thomas Cook collapsed last night. Apparently Boris Johnson's government has more on its mind than saving a 178 years old British firm with thousands of employees worldwide. I'm now heading to work to see what happens next.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

hermes2015

Quote from: Tom62 on September 23, 2019, 05:38:22 AM
Thomas Cook collapsed last night. Apparently Boris Johnson's government has more on its mind than saving a 178 years old British firm with thousands of employees worldwide. I'm now heading to work to see what happens next.

Absolutely disgusting. I hope things work out well for you.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: Tom62 on September 23, 2019, 05:38:22 AM

Sorry to hear of your troubles. TC was not a bank and full of BoJo's mates so not worth saving :(
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

jumbojak

I'm pretty sure I have broken some ribs. This just sucks.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tank

Quote from: jumbojak on September 29, 2019, 05:04:36 PM

Details. What happened?

hermes2015

Oi, that sounds painful.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

jumbojak

Quote from: Tank on September 29, 2019, 07:40:13 PM

Details. What happened?

I took a hard elbow from a large Russian - I'm convinced he was a wrestler in the former Soviet Union - a few weeks ago that led to soreness. It went away after about a week but last Wednesday I rolled with a very talented blue belt who roughed me up a bit. He wasn't mean, just on a completely different level from where I am right now. The soreness came back later that evening.

Thursday I did some very light rolling and felt something crack. I tried to take it easy but the damage was done at that point. On Friday I carried some cases of whiskey into work which was just too much. I couldn't leave work but breathing was very difficult. Things didn't get any better on Saturday and I was stuck carrying even heavier boxes because nobody else would bring them up.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

:o

Ouch! That really does suck.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Essie Mae

I'm sitting here in a Kent hotel in preparation for my brother's funeral tomorrow. It has been five weeks since he died whilst on business in Germany. The bureaucracy was somewhat trying for my SiL. He was 10 yrs younger than me and died of an extremely rare aortic catastrophe. I went over to Germany and he seemed to be recovering well from the original emergency operation but after a week he suddenly collapsed and effectively died although they resuscitated him and further operated. They removed the life support once my nephew arrived from California and had some time with him. The German surgeons were brilliant in spite of the outcome. They told my brother he had nil chance w/o the op and 25-30% with it. 50 mins from ambulance being called to going under the knife.

My SiL asked me if I wanted to do a reading or poem but I know I couldn't do it without breaking down so I declined. It will be a humanist service and my other brother, cousins and I had a poignant time reminiscing anecdotes for the celebrant. I am expecting an interesting and unusual music,
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Dark Lightning

Quote from: jumbojak on September 29, 2019, 08:33:27 PM
Quote from: Tank on September 29, 2019, 07:40:13 PM

Details. What happened?

I took a hard elbow from a large Russian - I'm convinced he was a wrestler in the former Soviet Union - a few weeks ago that led to soreness. It went away after about a week but last Wednesday I rolled with a very talented blue belt who roughed me up a bit. He wasn't mean, just on a completely different level from where I am right now. The soreness came back later that evening.

Thursday I did some very light rolling and felt something crack. I tried to take it easy but the damage was done at that point. On Friday I carried some cases of whiskey into work which was just too much. I couldn't leave work but breathing was very difficult. Things didn't get any better on Saturday and I was stuck carrying even heavier boxes because nobody else would bring them up.
That sucks, alright. Get well soon!

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Essie Mae on September 29, 2019, 11:17:44 PM
I'm sitting here in a Kent hotel in preparation for my brother's funeral tomorrow. It has been five weeks since he died whilst on business in Germany. The bureaucracy was somewhat trying for my SiL. He was 10 yrs younger than me and died of an extremely rare aortic catastrophe. I went over to Germany and he seemed to be recovering well from the original emergency operation but after a week he suddenly collapsed and effectively died although they resuscitated him and further operated. They removed the life support once my nephew arrived from California and had some time with him. The German surgeons were brilliant in spite of the outcome. They told my brother he had nil chance w/o the op and 25-30% with it. 50 mins from ambulance being called to going under the knife.

My SiL asked me if I wanted to do a reading or poem but I know I couldn't do it without breaking down so I declined. It will be a humanist service and my other brother, cousins and I had a poignant time reminiscing anecdotes for the celebrant. I am expecting an interesting and unusual music,

That's horrible. I hope he didn't suffer too much. Internet :hug:

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Essie Mae on September 29, 2019, 11:17:44 PM

So sorry to hear that, Essie Mae.  :(

:console:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

jumbojak

Damn Ess. Bad news and worse news all around.

hermes2015

My deepest sympathies,  Essie Mae.
― Charles Eames