News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

A Little Light In A Dark World

Started by Randy, June 07, 2020, 03:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy

6-Year-Old Has Friendly Rivalry With Worcester Officer After Impromptu Basketball Game
https://boston.cbslocal.com/2020/06/05/worcester-boy-police-officer-pickup-basketball-game/

In the midst of the chaos going on around us, it is nice to know that there are good people out there.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Tank

If he's 6 years old he's going to be a giant!!!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Recusant

That's a pleasant story.  :)

As to the boy's size, it's impressive indeed. However I know that some of the largest boys I grew up with ended up being on the lower side of average height once puberty arrived. Supposedly the child's height at two years is a predictor, but I'm not sure how accurate that or any of the methods for predicting a child's adult height are. 
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

No one

Well, I was 7'4 when I was six, now I'm barely there.

Randy

I was always a runt until I reached 16 or 17 then I towered over the class in a few months. I'm not overly tall, just 6'2".
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg