News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

animals in your life

Started by billy rubin, April 23, 2020, 01:04:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Lightning

It's fairly common for baby birds to push siblings out of the nest. I doubt a predator was involved, since all those sweet morsels would have been eaten in rapid sequence by a predator. Such is life.

ETA- I have a short video of one of my dogs taking a morsel of chicken from me that is quite amusing. It wouldn't load at imgur. What platform are other people using to host videos? In this case the file appears to be a .MP4

hermes2015

I think I want to use the colour of their eggs in a painting.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Magdalena

Quote from: hermes2015 on May 23, 2020, 04:20:04 AM
It's like a Tiffany Blue, isn't it?  :tellmemore:
Quote from: billy rubin on May 10, 2020, 09:43:16 PM

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

hermes2015

Quote from: Magdalena on May 23, 2020, 05:00:26 AM

Tiffany blue is a slightly lighter shade of turquoise, cyan, or teal, or whatever you want to call it.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Dark Lightning

Quote from: hermes2015 on May 23, 2020, 05:06:36 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on May 23, 2020, 05:00:26 AM

Tiffany blue is a slightly lighter shade of turquoise, cyan, or teal, or whatever you want to call it.

I'd call it "robin's egg blue" for lack of a better name. :P I had a hot rod '68 Buick Skylark GS that I painted that color. Here's pic of it after I laid that color on. I had planned to put flames in the "scalloped" area that shows up as black in this picture, but I sold it before that happened.

hermes2015

That colour suits the car so well. In the world of artist's paints, one of the best single pigments that are used to get that part of the spectrum is PG50, called Cobalt Turquoise Light by Winsor & Newton and Cobalt Teal in the Michael Harding range. I am never without it, for reasons shown in this video:

― Charles Eames

hermes2015

Sorry, billy rubin, I seem to have veered away from your animal topic a bit.
:boaterhat:
― Charles Eames

billy rubin

Quote from: Randy on May 22, 2020, 11:24:16 PM
The nest looks like it's out of room. Do you know how old robins get before they leave the nest?

i dont know. ive never ckunted the days. its always quicker than i expect

mags i dont know whethere there is a fourth. i couldnt get a good look and didnt want to disturb tgem more than a few seconds.

but three is still a profit for the parentz

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

billy rubin

hermes. [its all one conversation.

digressuionz are generally tbe most imteresting partz of a conversation.

i know nothing about colour, so im alwayz interested.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

billy rubin

i checked again today when i got fuel. dfinitely only three

and then my wife texted me and now we have two orphan raccoons

which i have not seen yet.

any more and im going to start charging admission to my house

Dark Lightning

Dark Lightning

Quote from: hermes2015 on May 23, 2020, 06:02:05 AM
That colour suits the car so well. In the world of artist's paints, one of the best single pigments that are used to get that part of the spectrum is PG50, called Cobalt Turquoise Light by Winsor & Newton and Cobalt Teal in the Michael Harding range. I am never without it, for reasons shown in this video:

That was a neat video!

billy rubin

Quote from: Dark Lightning on May 23, 2020, 10:59:29 PM
Here's an interesting article about bee-havior. Sorry for that horrible pun. Not.  ;D

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/pollen-deprived-bumblebees-may-speed-plant-blooming-biting-leaves

lots of stresses cause early bloom.

ive zeen a plum bloom in december because a tractor gouged the trunk in a turn.

but actuall early blooming causedby tge pollinators iz pretty neat

Magdalena

I didn't know this!
This ain't right!  :sulk:

Freeloading mother birds force others to raise their hatchlings
https://whyy.org/segments/freeloading-mother-birds-force-others-to-raise-their-hatchlings/

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

billy rubin

lol

cowbird

yes thats the way of the world

european cuckoos too