News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jumbojak

I'm in the process of replacing clothes after losing fifty pounds over the last three months and NOBODY seems to carry and selection in sizes smaller than large. If you're an XL or a XXL you have a friggin Chinese menu of options but the store I went to today didn't even stock a small t-shirt. Not. One.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Buddy

Quote from: jumbojak on November 03, 2019, 11:28:53 PM
I'm in the process of replacing clothes after losing fifty pounds over the last three months and NOBODY seems to carry and selection in sizes smaller than large. If you're an XL or a XXL you have a friggin Chinese menu of options but the store I went to today didn't even stock a small t-shirt. Not. One.

That sucks. Clothes shopping is the worst.

I noticed that while shopping for work clothes. I had to go to the boys section because women's dress pants were too big and the button up shirts are a joke.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

jumbojak

Even their smaller sizes were huuuuge! They had two mediums in the entire store and they were bigger than a large in any other brand I'm familiar with.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Buddy

I don't know why our property is a prime dumping ground for cats, but just had someone drop one off and leave again. We live less than a mile from the humane society...
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Icarus

Damn it all JJ.  The demographic in your area must consist largely of overweight people or of a remote strain of giants.

I might wager that the original temporary settlers in that territory, the London Company, were not at all over weight. Starvation makes it that way. To their credit they preceded the famous and better known Plymouth rock pilgrims.  Too bad that they pissed off the local native American tribes.  That whole scenario is one of the more fascinating periods in our history.

You may have to go to Richmond, Norfolk or somewhere to get clothing that fits you.  I am guessing that you are somewhere near that historic area on account of some of the elegant photos that you have posted.

billy rubin

Quote from: Buddy on November 04, 2019, 01:59:24 AM
I don't know why our property is a prime dumping ground for cats, but just had someone drop one off and leave again. We live less than a mile from the humane society...

you have my immense sympathy. i hear a car slow down and in the evening well have another cat on the porch. weve got at least ten at the moment, and the barn cats havent yet moved up to the house for the winter.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Tank

Quote from: jumbojak on November 03, 2019, 11:28:53 PM

Looks like it's online shopping for you. Or a pair of scissors and a sewing machine?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

It would make sense if the humane society gets full and won't take any more. The may have been there aleady and been turned away?
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

jumbojak

Quote from: Tank on November 04, 2019, 09:23:50 AM

It would make sense if the humane society gets full and won't take any more. The may have been there aleady and been turned away?

Or they could be ashamed.

Tank

Quote from: jumbojak on November 04, 2019, 12:23:04 PM
Quote from: Tank on November 04, 2019, 09:23:50 AM

Or they could be ashamed.

Yes that could well be part of the equation.

Buddy

I took the cat into the shelter this morning and they were definitely not full. Those people were just cowards. I hate when people do that because we live right next to a major highway and most of the time the poor animal ends up getting hit by a car before we can catch them.

xSilverPhinx

A lot of people abandon dogs on the university campus I work in because there's a volunteer group who take them in and look after them until they are adopted. Some are even trained as service dogs and are taken to hospitals to interact with people who are emotionally vulnerable, or taken to schools, etc. So many dogs are abandoned that there are signs everywhere warning people that the abandonment of a pet on the property is a felony.

I remember a couple of years ago I saw a desperate adolescent Rough Collie running up and down the parking strip. It had been obviously left there by some turd who wanted to get rid of the dog. The animal was severely stressed and I tried to lure it over but it only whimpered and carried on running with its nose to the floor. I never saw it again but I hope it found its way into a loving home.     
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Movers are coming tomorrow at 8:00 a.m. I've set my alarm to 6:30 in the morning so I can pack the last of my things before they carry it away.

Argh, why do people start the day so early?! Who's even up at 8?! ::)
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dark Lightning

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 08, 2019, 02:48:27 AM
A lot of people abandon dogs on the university campus I work in because there's a volunteer group who take them in and look after them until they are adopted. Some are even trained as service dogs and are taken to hospitals to interact with people who are emotionally vulnerable, or taken to schools, etc. So many dogs are abandoned that there are signs everywhere warning people that the abandonment of a pet on the property is a felony.

I remember a couple of years ago I saw a desperate adolescent Rough Collie running up and down the parking strip. It had been obviously left there by some turd who wanted to get rid of the dog. The animal was severely stressed and I tried to lure it over but it only whimpered and carried on running with its nose to the floor. I never saw it again but I hope it found its way into a loving home.   
I truly hope that that dog found a loving home. We rescued a dog a few months ago, and as the time passes, she's gotten to be a much happier and healthier dog. She has gained weight and stamina in the time we have had her. We used to have to take her outside to go potty by ourselves- she wouldn't use the dog door. She now runs around the back yard like a puppy, and will go outside all by herself (and run, as well) We suspect that she was rigidly controlled in an apartment environment, and taught not to run outside. It's great fun to watch her run around our back yard. We all enjoy it. She leaps up over the retaining wall onto the sloping area beyond, and back down, and reminds me of a leaping deer. So much fun!

Bad Penny II

A cooked mother ring tail possum with a baby's paw visible.  :(

Take my advice, don't listen to me.