Started by vac_id, November 08, 2019, 10:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siz

Quote from: Old Seer on November 16, 2019, 09:13:49 PM
Quote from: Siz on November 16, 2019, 08:10:39 PM
Quote from: Old Seer on November 16, 2019, 06:30:31 PM
Quote from: Siz on November 16, 2019, 09:27:21 AM
Quote from: Old Seer on November 15, 2019, 10:14:21 PM
My most compelling reason to be an Atheist is, I can't find any reason to see/believe that the material universe is created and operated by a superhuman someone. There's no evidence by anyone that such a being exists, and there's no evidence in the Bible that such a person exists. The bibles makes no such claim.

Hmm, might be on page 1:

Genesis 1:27
So God created mankind in his own image,
    in the image of God he created them;
    male and female he created them.

Please feel free to write some words now, including, perhaps, 'metaphor' and 'context' and 'interpretation'.
There's only two things that exist in the universe, material and the psychological, AKA the spiritual. Everything in the universe can be interpreted only from those two basics. It is either material or it is mental. The book is under that same rule. It's contents can only be interpreted from a material or psychological premise. We interpret biblical creation as a psychological construction, which means it's dealing with a specific manner of "person", not the creation of the material universe. Mental can only relate to "person" nothing else. Only one of these interpretations can be true. Biblical creation has to be something psychological or something material and not both at the same time. Considering that biblical creation does not comply in it's sequences with the laws of physics one has to conclude that it must be a psychological construct. If so (and that is what we conclude) then all  those claiming to be Christians cannot be. No one needs to be schizophrenic to understand this. Our cadre has 3 well versed and practiced psychologists who I'm sure will disagree with you assessment of me.   It's a simple case of mental or matter. If it's a case of mental then the Pope is wrong and his religion is proved bogus. No one has to be nuts to understand this. :-) The words used in creation are metaphors for things spiritual. If you read the site like you claim then you would see it. We present this information not that it is true or false, but for your analysis. Whether true or false is up to you to find. We say it's true, prove us wrong, not just say we're wrong. We know that the world will not be at peace until Atheism win the day.
There's nothing in the book that proves there is a super humans anyone. The term "God" begins with Adam---not before.

2/3. Bravo!

Since when was psychological AKA spiritual?
The biblical writers, of ancient times didn't have psychological terms, so they use material things in their place. In biblical terms according to our understanding, a person is non material and invisible. Whether they be right or wrong is not the point here. Bear in mind, they weren't scientists. The writers concern is with the condition of people/persons. Therefore, spiritual equates to the mental, and in turn mental equates to person.
The object/mission of the book is to destroy all powers principalities and authorities--that is the removal of all religions and government.
This is going to be hard for you---JC is an atheist. Why, because he had no religion. He, being in likeness of Adam who also had no religion. Ok, think. What was JC's religion, Jewish, nope. His religion if any would have to be Christianity, but Christianity cannot be a religion because Christianity is a mentality under which one is properly "human", and not the worlds idea of Human. Being human is not a religion but merely a kind of person. JC is the same as the personage of Adam, and Adam could not be of any religion, if you think so, can you describe that religion---we can't, so he had none. If Adam couldn't have had a religion then neither could JC. There's more here but this can go on for quit a time. In the meantime read the mission statement of this site. The mission statement is merely trying to have the members use Christian principles by treating the members "humanly". What the statement is doing is trying to eliminate certain animal behaviors. If you'll look you'll notice the bible deals in animal nature vs human nature. This is what all the biblical animal symbolism are all about, and you'll also see them in creation and especially in Revelation.  Everyone has Christianity, the churches have it all wrong.  If they are under divine guidance then why didn't they at least see the possibilities of another interpretation. If they are who they say then they would have seen it, but they didn't. Then in either case they cannot be who/what they say they are. We didn't find this with any divine guidance that we know of. So, so much for religions, they're all man made. The universe is of two sciences, material and psychological. It is impossible for there to be any other. (except particle physics maybe . That may be a different deal altogether)
::)
Wish I hadn't asked...

Thanks, but no thanks.

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Old Seer

That's what I admire about this site. There was no attempt to kick the heck out of me and that is appreciated. But there is news from a while ago. A church (somewhere I hear) is highly upset with this information, so, it can be expected to show up in the news at some time coming. You can imagine how upset creationist get when they are made aware. Be ready for it.
The only thing possible the world needs saving from are the ones running it.
Oh lord, save us from those wanting to save us.
I'm not a Theist.

Siz

Quote from: Old Seer on November 17, 2019, 03:15:00 AM
That's what I admire about this site. There was no attempt to kick the heck out of me and that is appreciated. But there is news from a while ago. A church (somewhere I hear) is highly upset with this information, so, it can be expected to show up in the news at some time coming. You can imagine how upset creationist get when they are made aware. Be ready for it.

🤣😂
I'm agog... !

In the meantime, why not sit down and have a glass of eggnog with us in the lounge? Talking shop exclusively isn't fun.

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Old Seer

Well, here we go, maybe. We're cut off commenting on Utube.
The only thing possible the world needs saving from are the ones running it.
Oh lord, save us from those wanting to save us.
I'm not a Theist.