News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

beauty

Started by billy rubin, January 10, 2022, 03:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

No one

I agree with the hermes, l can be an admirer, while having a less than favorable opinion thereof

billy rubin

then you should both definitely hear it with the bagpipes. its so awful that time will seem to stretch out forever and your life dpan will be increased thereby

News has been received from the Punjab that the Amritsar mob has again broken out in a violent attack against the authorities. The rebels were repulsed by the military and they suffered 200 casualties.

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

MarcusA

Beauty is in the eyes of the beerholder. - Kinky Friedman
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

MarcusA

Beauty is a life-long pursuit. What's beautiful is also true.

Dark Lightning

Back when I was teaching math and physics, solving a problem on a blackboard can give a feeling just like seeing a beautiful woman (for me). Here's something that is fairly stark, but at the same time is beautiful, to many people. It has to do with the connectedness of the concepts.

MarcusA

Quote from: Dark Lightning on April 28, 2023, 12:22:09 AMBack when I was teaching math and physics, solving a problem on a blackboard can give a feeling just like seeing a beautiful woman (for me). Here's something that is fairly stark, but at the same time is beautiful, to many people. It has to do with the connectedness of the concepts.

Einstein certainly thought that maths could be beautiful.

Dark Lightning

^ A lot of us think Einstein was right. True confession- I once thought that I could develop the theory of General Relativity further. Once I took a B Sci in physics (well, long before I got there) I realized I was completely wrong in that belief.  :-[

MarcusA

Quote from: Dark Lightning on April 28, 2023, 01:54:05 AM^ A lot of us think Einstein was right. True confession- I once thought that I could develop the theory of General Relativity further. Once I took a B Sci in physics (well, long before I got there) I realized I was completely wrong in that belief.  :-[

What's beautiful is also true, indeed.

Asmodean

Quote from: Dark Lightning on April 28, 2023, 12:22:09 AMBack when I was teaching math and physics, solving a problem on a blackboard can give a feeling just like seeing a beautiful woman (for me). Here's something that is fairly stark, but at the same time is beautiful, to many people. It has to do with the connectedness of the concepts.

Ah, the good, old Euler's number! The Asmo's near-invariable answer to "What's your favourite number."

It really isn't - not any more than some other cool mathematicsl constants, but The Asmo likes gently trolling people who ask stupid questions and expect equally-stupid answers. :smilenod:

Still, it's rather a sad reflection on mankind that quite so many faces go quite as blank upon the mention of Euler. Granted, not the most mainstream among the "elite" of the exact sciences, but still. Credit where it's due.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

MarcusA

Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone. - Dorothy Parker

MarcusA

What is art but introspection on the question of beauty.

billy rubin

art is how self absorbed people relieve their inner tensions.

sometimes the results are spectacular. other times they are less transferable.

the succeses far outweigh the failures.

News has been received from the Punjab that the Amritsar mob has again broken out in a violent attack against the authorities. The rebels were repulsed by the military and they suffered 200 casualties.

MarcusA

Love conquers all things. - Virgil

MarcusA

Nietzsche's German is said to be beautiful.