News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

well, my number two son has been busted

Started by billy rubin, September 22, 2020, 06:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

LSD, of all things. not possession, just disorderly conduct charges.

he ate too much and didn't have anybody to stick around with him, whiuch is stupid. so he wandered over to the neighbors and banged on their door, thinking it was our house. hollering that he was god, he tried to push through to get inside.

at least they didn't shoot him, which is a real consideration in the country. instead, they locked the door and called the cops, who told him to get down on the ground, which he didn't do.

no guns, no taser, luckily, but we had to bail him out at 0200 in the morning.

felony charges of resisting arrest have been dropped, pending cooperation with court-directed behaviour, but he still gets to appear on misdemeanor charges of various sorts.

but he's alive, which these days is a serious benefit.

many years ago before the Flood, i was busted for possession of opium and opium smoking utensils in a country far, far away. managed to get through that. hoping this will be similar.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Tank

Well you can empathise with his position which is good and he's hopefully had a learning experience.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

lol

he's been very quiet the last few days.

seriously, the cops took it easy on him, and in fact thought he was fairly amusing.

that sense of humour is not very common these days, and he has benefited from it.

in general i am very critical of american police, but these people demonstrated that discretion is not completely absent, and i am hopeful.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Dark Lightning

Well, that must have been fun!  ::) It's good that he's OK. I hope he comes out of it without too bad a spanking. I wouldn't take psychedelics ever; I see enough weird shit when I'm fatigued enough. :lol:

billy rubin

it was only the second time for him.

but the person who gave him the acid obviously has a consistency problem.

i have told him never to do that again by himself and not to take whatever he gets all at once.

but i am not 18 years old. my own experiences with psychedelics has been, what? almost fifty years ago.

but the issues are the same.

Randy

Wow Billy, just wow!

At least my daughter hasn't done anything to get arrested. My son on the other hand has been arrested several times although I don't know what the charges are and I'm getting this through the grapevine.

He was lucky he ate it all I suppose, although I can't imagine the trip he took with that. At least he couldn't be charged for possession.

And now we know who god is!
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

billy rubin

drug use is very common out here. when the oil companies moved inthey had trouble hiring people who could pass a drug test. they brought in people from oklahoma and texas

i signed on at a natural gas refinery construction site a few years ago when i came in from over the road. 60 people showed up to apply. they announced a drug tezt and 30 people stood up and left. of the remainder, 15 failed.

when i left there was a puddle of urine on the floor from where someone spilled the container of drug-free pee he had brought with him to use in the test but spilled instead

Ecurb Noselrub

Billy, that could have been me when I was 18.  I did almost the same thing, except when I knocked on the door I had just encountered God, but didn't claim to be him. I spent the night in jail, and got off with a Class C Misdemeanor.  I'm also lucky the owner of the house didn't shoot me.  My cell mate that night was in for alleged attempted murder, awaiting trial.  New experience for a sheltered white boy.

billy rubin

yes

they put me in a holding cell with a bunch of chinese gang members and a captured chinese communist from the jungle. but i got out that evening. i had a bunch of contraband i threw into the monsoon drain when nobody was looking

Tank

Quote from: billy rubin on September 23, 2020, 02:45:29 PM
drug use is very common out here. when the oil companies moved inthey had trouble hiring people who could pass a drug test. they brought in people from oklahoma and texas

i signed on at a natural gas refinery construction site a few years ago when i came in from over the road. 60 people showed up to apply. they announced a drug tezt and 30 people stood up and left. of the remainder, 15 failed.

when i left there was a puddle of urine on the floor from where someone spilled the container of drug-free pee he had brought with him to use in the test but spilled instead

A good 20 years ago I was working in the US and got to know the HR lady who was looking after us quite well. She said they didn't drug test for jobs in marketing or sales any more because they couldn't get anybody to even interview. If an add mentioned a drug test nobody applied. If it didn't then people rang and asked if there was a drug test. If they said there was the person usually just hung up, some made excuses but went anyway. She reconed that about 1 in 20 carried on with the application. In the end they simply stopped testing for those rolls.

billy rubin

for jobs where drug use is irrelevant i'm not in favor of it. and for most jobs it is irrelevant.

back when i was a tech writer in silicon valley the south carolina-owned company decided to impose drug tests on all its employees in order to get an insurance break.

these were office jobs with no driving or machine use. just people sitting in a cubicle, typing into a computer.

there was a revolt that went all the way to discussions with the ACLU. eventually they dropped the requirement except for sales people who drove a company vehicle, but they were astonished that anybody even had an issue with it.

Icarus

One of my all time best employees was a single woman named Barbara.  She was immensely valuable and was paid in accordance with her company contribution.  She smoked cigarettes and one day decided to quit.  She did quit, cold turkey!  She got a notion that she wanted to get a Scuba divers certificate. She did that in short order.  After that, sky diving. Did that too.  It seemed that she was capable of doing anything. She had the discipline to do whatever needed to be done to achieve her goal.

One day I noticed that she was behaving a little differently. I had trained her to be a pretty good machinist. She was always fastidious and very careful of safety concerns.  She sliced her hand pretty badly that day when working at a milling machine.. There was blood. I took her to the emergency clinic.  They asked if this was a workers comp insurance claim. Yes it was. A drug test was then mandatory. They told her that she had to pee in a bottle. She refused.  I lost one of the most valuable employees, and friends, that I have ever had.  She quit before I was forced to fire her.

Why in holy hell would a responsible, intelligent, ambitious, 35 year old woman decide to get messed up with drugs?  I am still sad about that chain of events because that high class intelligent person tossed her future into the cesspit. 

Randy

Why does anyone, Icarus? I was sick once and had to take codine I think for my cough. I hallucinated badly on the stuff.

I've never smoked, never done any illegal drugs... It's something I promised my mother when I was young. One of the kids in one of the apartment buildings apparently did and overdosed. I don't know what the drug was, who the kid was, or any of the details. I promised and went back to playing.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Tom62

I started to use some drugs when I was in my thirties. That was purely for recreational purposes and just to figure out what the fuzz was all about. My older brother grew cannabis plants in our garden, so we had some fun smoking that stuff. I stopped using it after a couple of months, because I didn't like the smell and assumed that it was pretty bad for my lungs. My brother stopped a few months later after me and sold the plants to one of his friends. I tried some other stuff a couple of times, like XTC (before it became illegal), cocaine (warning: stay away from it!) and opium. Never got addicted, but with cocaine I came pretty close.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein