News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Laid Back Lounge / Re: Things that make you chuck...
Last post by billy rubin - Today at 09:01:57 AM
tip o neal?at the very end

Laid Back Lounge / Re: Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy t...
Last post by Recusant - Today at 06:48:29 AM
Quote from: Asmodean on May 26, 2022, 07:01:54 PMEh... I'll manage. Typing one-handed, though... There's a reason to be grumpy if ever there was one.

Yeah, I injured my left hand a while back and was typing one-handed for a week. I lack hunt & peck skills, so was very slow. Hope your recovery is swift !
Last post by Recusant - Today at 06:45:56 AM
Quote from: Anne D. on May 21, 2022, 03:06:51 AMI'm grumpy because Bad Penny hasn't posted here lately. Where has Bad Penny gone to? I miss him.

As his name implies, he comes and goes. I miss him too when he's wandering elsewhere.
Laid Back Lounge / Re: Things that make you chuck...
Last post by Icarus - Today at 05:06:52 AM
Old time cornpone humor.

You may recognize some of the audience if you are old enough.
Media / Re: What are you watching?
Last post by Wolfen - Today at 02:05:51 AM
Since I'm taking a break from gaming right now, I guess I'll be catching up with what's on Netflix.

Finished what's available for season four of Stranger Things. The cliffhanger, yes you read that right, at least clarified something. The conclusion won't be available till July 1st. Why? Why do that?

Anywho, then I watched Welcome to Eden
QuoteA group of young adults attend a party on a remote island, but the tempting paradise they find waiting for them holds dangerous secrets and entrapments.
I liked it.

Now I'm watching and finishing up with Cracow Monsters
QuoteA young woman haunted by her past joins a mysterious professor and his group of gifted students who investigate paranormal activity and fight demons.
Liking it, as well.
Laid Back Lounge / Re: animals in your life
Last post by billy rubin - May 28, 2022, 08:28:55 PM
the sparrow hawks are fledging. time is running by at breakneck speed. summer in three weeks.

https://photos.google.com/direct/AF1QipPh3S50LnKv5mrENavOe9hj8mZidwhaT6W7PCX5hqUTRd-XrPX6wltsaeifeFrRCg/photo/AF1QipNJm3dx3vh_tOr_pmNFW8s6gBsq91ZTGKA08Sfz

anyway, this one popped down and got stuck in the tall grass, so my loveley wife picked it up and set it on the old chicken run before the cats could find it. turn the sound on.

iasked her whether the parents were upset, and she said . . .yes. you can hear them freaking out in th etreetops

sparrow hawks are small, but fierce.

the toads are still trilling, and the hyla versicolor are still calling. but the equinozx is approaching.
Last post by jumbojak - May 28, 2022, 07:12:34 PM
Quote from: Asmodean on May 24, 2022, 08:09:46 AMHurt my shoulder, so doing "everything" one-handed. Hugely inconvenient.

If you can do it, try hanging on a bar. It sounds crazy, but it usually helps. Much better to heal with a full range of motion.
Media / Re: What are you watching?
Last post by Tom62 - May 28, 2022, 04:29:18 PM
I've just finished binge watching all seasons of Futurama
Social Issues and Causes / Re: School murder
Last post by billy rubin - May 28, 2022, 02:08:59 PM
i dont see good guys with guns being the solution for stopping mass shootings. thats just a brainless right wing argument. in my experience most gun owners arent very good with their weapons. but it happens. this was 6 hours ago, an hour from my house

BBC News - Armed female bystander kills man firing at party in West Virginia
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-61615236

but in uvalde there were 19 good guys with guns in the hallway, listening to 21 people die. good guys didnt help them.

the situation in uvalde and this one in west virginia are worth comparing. both were very bad situations. one got worse and one didnt.
Social Issues and Causes / Re: School murder
Last post by Anne D. - May 28, 2022, 04:44:08 AM
On "good guys" with guns: