News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Are cows hindu?

Started by Tank, March 24, 2019, 10:56:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

If you were a cow would you be a Hindu?
If you were a pig would you be a Jew or a Muslim?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

jumbojak

I'm pretty sure cows are just hateful and stupid. Pigs are hateful and clever. Far too clever for organized religion.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tank

The cows I have interacted with have generally been curious and smelly.
Pigs are similar IMO.

But if they were dumb enough to be religious which religion would they choose?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

jumbojak

I think that cows would be Catholic. Ceremonial herd animals who organize themselves around a male figurehead. Pigs would probably follow the FSM, outwardly at least. The cows would respect the pigs' faith without realizing that they are being laughed at.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Cows being 'The Chosen People' of their religion? I think they would totally be Hindu. Pigs, on the other hand, would be atheists, and reviled by 2 of the Abrahamic religions, along with those weird Seventh Day Adventists.

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 24, 2019, 03:21:00 PM
Cows being 'The Chosen People' of their religion? I think they would totally be Hindu. Pigs, on the other hand, would be atheists, and reviled by 2 of the Abrahamic religions, along with those weird Seventh Day Adventists.

But on the other hand, Jews and Muslims don't eat pigs so there may be an element of safety for them in joining those religions, reviled or no. 
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Sandra Craft on March 25, 2019, 12:52:31 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 24, 2019, 03:21:00 PM

But on the other hand, Jews and Muslims don't eat pigs so there may be an element of safety for them in joining those religions, reviled or no.

That's true.  :thumbsup:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Icarus

Pigs are remarkably intelligent animals.  Cows not so much, but then cows provide us with milk with which to make butter which chokes our arteries and then we die.  Damned cows are diabolical beasts with an agenda.