This Crisis Will Test The Leaders (Warning! Contains Vitriol)

Started by xSilverPhinx, March 25, 2020, 09:36:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Icarus on March 26, 2020, 06:37:16 AM
Bolsonaro can not top Trumps irrational stupidity.  Sorry Silver, your guy can not be as ill tempered, corrupt, and mendacious a snake oil salesman as our guy.  Here is a virtual hug for you.

Hi Icarus, here's a virtual hug for you too  :hug:

:grin:

I don't agree that Trump is more irrational and stupid than Bolsonaro. Trump may be a pea-brain, but Bolsonaro is a no-brain...and I'll tell you why.

While Trump has backtracked on his previous statements against social isolation, Bolsonaro continues to insist that schools, churches and companies large and small should be reopened. Today, he went to take selfies with his crowd of supporters. Today, he said he "wants to spare lives" but "we all die anyway". This past week, he spent the equivalent of US$1 million on pro-government propaganda when that money could have been better spent on countless things such as respirators, face masks, food for the needy...anything fucking useful. It's not like Brazil has loads of extra money to spend on fucking propaganda.

That kind of thing pisses me off like you won't believe. Spending that much money on pro-Bolsonaro propaganda in which he tells people to end their social isolation

It's not like we don't have examples around the world of what can -- and will -- happen if we lax our social isolation strategy. Italy, Spain, even the US are all in the "future" compared to Brazil in terms of disease progression. It's all there for all to see. Bolsonaro do not have a healthy respect for the invisible enemy that can be incredibly aggressive and unpredictable. 

Nobody's asking Bolsonaro to think either. There are loads of smart, knowledgeable and competent people doing the thinking, researching and discovering for less...capable...leaders. But fucking hell, he should back off and let better people take the reins. This is a war Brazil is going to lose with Bolsonaro at the helm. I am certain of it.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

There are two enemies in this war: the virus itself and human imbecility. People like Trump and Bolsonaro, and a host of other nation's leaders, are part of the problem, not the solution.

Bunch of Covidiots, all of them.

Icarus

I believe that you are justified in being livid about the situation, Silver.   

We both have leaders who are less than competent to do the job that the electorate expected them to do.  We have an abundance of   gullible people who swallow the promises that aspiring politicians make.  We do vote con men into office. 

People who vote the con man into office refuse to accept that they have made a mistake. That is the part that is so unfortunate.  We do not like to admit that we have made a faulty dumb ass decision when we were at the voting booth.  My country has millions of people who know damned well that we have elected a leader who is corrupt, dishonest, and hopelessly narcissistic.  Almost all of those people stand ready to defend their decision, some even to the extent of violence.

H.L. Mencken: You will never go broke by underestimating the American public.

P.T. Barnum: There is a sucker born every minute.

Sandra Craft

I see Bolsonaro is also championing ending isolation and other precautions to save the economy.  As if the economy isn't going to take a massive hit anyway if millions die.  Have they determined yet if he is positive or negative for Covid-19?
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Sandra Craft on March 31, 2020, 04:59:42 AM
I see Bolsonaro is also championing ending isolation and other precautions to save the economy.  As if the economy isn't going to take a massive hit anyway if millions die.  Have they determined yet if he is positive or negative for Covid-19?

His son had said earlier that Bolsonaro had tested positive, but then this was later denied. It's odd though, I think it was 23 people who were in the same committee as Bolsonaro when he recently went to the US to lick Trump's balls had tested positive for the virus. And yet Bolsonaro didn't? :notsure:

I'm not sure if he's lying, but don't really care. Though I'm kind of hoping he gets sick very soon.

xSilverPhinx

xSilverPhinx

Yesterday night the Turd went on national television again to make a statement. As has become custom, whenever he does people bang pots and pans at their windows and shout 'Bolsonaro Out!'

My mother really got into it last night. As soon as the pots and pans were heard outside she heard the calling, went to the kitchen with a clenched jaw and tight lip to get an aluminum pot and a large spoon. She went to the balcony and started pounding the pot with the spoon, yelling 'FORA!' (Out)

'FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORA!' Bang Bang Bang Bang 'FOOOOOOOOOOOOOORA!'

Then she would come back inside, look at the TV, spit out 'Son of a bitch!' and go outside again to resume hitting the pot with everything she had.

:picard facepalm:

I applaud her enthusiasm but now my ears really hurt.

billy rubin

in my opinion, the best thing that could happen to the united states would be for donald trump to catch the disease and be put on a respirator. not to die-- pence would take over either way-- but to be sedated and struggling as a means of alerting the country to the problem that we're facing and the incompetence of the political philosophy which allowed it to get so far so early.

donald trump is unimportant in the long term. as many have said, he's not the cause of what is wrong in the united states, he's a symptom.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

xSilverPhinx

Some footage of Bolsonaro singing Mariah Carey's Without You to Trump:

xSilverPhinx

No one

Dark Lightning

Icarus

I have sympathy for xSp and the plight of her country that endures a psychopathic leader.

I have some sympathy for me also.  I have a psychopathic leader as well.  My leader has taken to the airwaves daily,  to deliver word salad bullshit.  Because we are confined to our shelter in place existence, we are daily exposed to The Donald's interminably bleating public briefings.

I am desperately trying to remember the correct words for a Hispanic saying that I learned in my youth..................Yamo e yamo e yo no sey nada..............I need much help with this' Mags. Please write it correctly so that I can get it right   

The saying is about a frog who croaks incessantly:  He talks and he talks and he don"t say nothing.

Dark Lightning

One saying I remember from studying Spanish many moons ago-

"En boca cerrado, entran nos moscas"- no flies enter a closed mouth.  ;D

In the chumps' case, I expect the flies to exit when he opens his mouth. It's an outfall of having shit for brains.

billy rubin

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."