News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Politics / Re: Duke of Bullshit: "The" Do...
Last post by billy rubin - Today at 03:59:24 PM
its not secure. remember the chinese woman who just walked in past 5 secret service challenges with electronic devices in her bag?

she just claimed to be a guest, iirc

i dont think trump was selling stuff or giving it away. he just thought it was cool to have that stuff. but hes untrustworthy
Laid Back Lounge / Re: animals in your life
Last post by billy rubin - Today at 03:53:49 PM
they all fly northwest in the morning and southeast in the evening.

almost always two groups, one much larger. yesterday there were three or four in the evening.

i have no idea what theyre saying to eavh other or why its necessary to be so noisy about it
Laid Back Lounge / Re: Age-related Health Issues
Last post by hermes2015 - Today at 02:37:36 PM
Quote from: Dark Lightning on Today at 02:22:33 PMI hope this ends well! I've heard of the radiation treatments. The insertion of the biopsy needle, as well as the insertion of the radioactive pellets aren't without risk, but better than letting the cancer run rampant. A friend of mine had his prostrate removed completely, earlier this year. An interesting thing about prostrate removal, many times the sphincter grows back enough for urine retention. Freaky. My prostrate is enlarged (I'm 69) but sort of being controlled by some meds.

Thank you. My team seem to be up to date with the latest thinking and are not in favour of surgery. I just have to rely on their guidance, since I am a chemist and don't have any medical qualifications.
Politics / Re: Duke of Bullshit: "The" Do...
Last post by Dark Lightning - Today at 02:25:47 PM
Any foreign nationals at parties down there in treason central? It makes me wonder how many boxes left the place before the warrant was served.  >:(
Last post by Dark Lightning - Today at 02:22:33 PM
I hope this ends well! I've heard of the radiation treatments. The insertion of the biopsy needle, as well as the insertion of the radioactive pellets aren't without risk, but better than letting the cancer run rampant. A friend of mine had his prostrate removed completely, earlier this year. An interesting thing about prostrate removal, many times the sphincter grows back enough for urine retention. Freaky. My prostrate is enlarged (I'm 69) but sort of being controlled by some meds.
Last post by hermes2015 - Today at 01:41:56 PM
Thanks, Tank and Asmo. I must say that my title of Dr was helpful during my various visits to the Morningside Mediclinic. If nothing else, it can be a useful lubricant sometimes.

https://www.mediclinic.co.za/en/morningside/home.html
Laid Back Lounge / Re: Should we talk about the w...
Last post by Asmodean - Today at 01:27:14 PM
It is indeed a really cool job.

In addition to ye-regular radio link/open area networking, I also do some secondary services, such as install, configure and maintain our fleet of cameras for time-lapse films of the construction process. Sometimes they also have to function for health and safety monitoring or area security as well.

My "pet project" of sorts is Wi-Fi coverage in low-signal, difficult to penetrate areas, such as tunnels, basements and underground parking garages during the building process. Basically, before there is any sort of electric or signal-bearing infrastructure. I'm in the late prototyping phase with that, and it does necessitate a good deal of on-site work, though that of mostly laptop variety in nice, cool, underground places. Still in full "disaster gear" though.
Last post by Tank - Today at 01:18:35 PM
Quote from: Asmodean on Today at 01:13:39 PMBecause a part of what I do is onsite work, and being in construction industry, that entails outdoors networking in high hazard areas, hence reflective clothing, helmets, glasses, ear protection, steel toes - the works.

On the upside, I get to ride all sorts of self-propelled boom lifts and other such bright orange nonsense of heavy-duty steel and massive proportions.

Fascinating.
Last post by Asmodean - Today at 01:13:39 PM
Because a part of what I do is onsite work, and being in construction industry, that entails outdoors networking in high hazard areas, hence reflective clothing, helmets, glasses, ear protection, steel toes - the works.

On the upside, I get to ride all sorts of self-propelled boom lifts and other such bright orange nonsense of heavy-duty steel and massive proportions.
Last post by Tank - Today at 12:56:57 PM
Quote from: Asmodean on Today at 11:48:52 AMIt's 30-ish around here as well today. Was also warm yesterday. Makes outside work in full reflective gear truly a miserable affair, but then, I'd rather boil than freeze.

Why are you dressed like that and working outside?