News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Laid Back Lounge / Re: On the "obsession" with in...
Last post by The Magic Pudding.. - May 25, 2024, 02:09:42 PM
QuoteWould you rather experience your child's first words and remember that moment through the blur of organic memory, or relive that moment on video

False dichotomy?
Carrying a camera makes me look.
Laid Back Lounge / Re: On the "obsession" with in...
Last post by Tank - May 25, 2024, 01:39:37 PM
Quote from: The Magic Pudding.. on May 22, 2024, 02:51:34 PMI found the stop filming everything woman tedious.
The people she is describing are vacuous, not worthy of regard.  :-\

If I walk a scenic path carrying a camera, it makes me more attentive
If I walk a scenic path without a camera, there's often regret.

I do my best to have a reasonable camera with me. My little Linux has a optical lens range of 24 to 720mm and weighs about 1Lb. It's good in most cases. As you say it's the regret of the missed opportunity that bugs me.
Science / Re: "Just One Word: Microplast...
Last post by Tank - May 25, 2024, 10:45:43 AM
Natural selection at it's finest. It's almost like something is in control!
Laid Back Lounge / Re: Multi-Association Thread
Last post by Tank - May 24, 2024, 06:58:56 PM

Science / Re: All things AI
Last post by Tank - May 24, 2024, 06:37:04 PM
LOL. Yes I saw that. But the question remains. Would a AI be better than the fuck ups we have managed ever since we learned to bang rocks together?
Last post by Recusant - May 24, 2024, 05:23:46 PM
Quote from: Tank on May 24, 2024, 04:37:22 PMCould/would an AI do a better job of running humanity than humanity has?

Sure--it's ready to give us bold innovations. Like using glue on your pizza. :eyebrow:
Last post by Tank - May 24, 2024, 04:37:22 PM
Could/would an AI do a better job of running humanity than humanity has?
Laid Back Lounge / Re: Jokes Thread (Was named An...
Last post by Tank - May 24, 2024, 01:28:44 PM
:rofl:
Laid Back Lounge / Re: Jokes Thread (Was named An...
Last post by The Magic Pudding.. - May 24, 2024, 11:18:34 AM
Science / Re: "Just One Word: Microplast...
Last post by Icarus - May 24, 2024, 04:29:57 AM
NPR radio today had research microbiologist guest speakers. They were studying our plastic problem. The plastic bags that we use to transport our groceries from the market to our homes is mostly polyethylene. Those little bags are ubiquitous because many merchants, such as restaurants, hardware stores,florists, etc  use the bags as a convenience to the customer.

What becomes of those bags. Voila! They are convenient for discharging ordinary kitchen litter. Toss in the trash collector bins and they end up in the local landfill. There they disintegrate over time.

Here is the kicker.............It has been established that there are microparticles of that stuff finding its way into human bodies. That is old news, but where does this particular microplastic concentrate within the human body. The testicles. Yep, testicles !   So far, that has not been shown to have an unwelcome influence on our sex lives.......