News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Toxic waste gone mad

Started by Icarus, June 18, 2020, 09:47:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

Randy

That's awful. I wonder what the working conditions are like? It was probably asked and got no answer. It's just all that sulfur and coal dust they have to breathe. I guess China doesn't care as long as we buy the latest gadgets.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Tom62

It is a sad that we live in a consumer world, where people think it is necessary to replace their electronic devices every x. numbers of months. I try to use my electronic devices as long as possible. Only last year I retired a 12 year's old notebook, because it was literally falling apart and I'm still using a 2009 iMac. Most of my previous PC's, I've given away to charity organisations or friends.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Davin

Aye, in my gaming circle, I'm often dumped on for not upgrading my PC at least every year. But I figure, as long as I can keep playing the latest games (by reducing the GFX settings), I'm good. So I go 3-7 years between upgrades and I rarely ever upgrade the MB, Proc, RAM, and Video Card all in one go.

My phone, I like to keep as long as possible. I like everything I have to go as long as possible.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

billy rubin

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Randy

Quote from: Davin on June 19, 2020, 06:01:14 PM
Aye, in my gaming circle, I'm often dumped on for not upgrading my PC at least every year. But I figure, as long as I can keep playing the latest games (by reducing the GFX settings), I'm good. So I go 3-7 years between upgrades and I rarely ever upgrade the MB, Proc, RAM, and Video Card all in one go.

My phone, I like to keep as long as possible. I like everything I have to go as long as possible.
I've had my phone since before my daughter got married. My last one was a flip phone which was still working but I had it for many years too. I traded in for something better.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg