News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

"David Mabus"

Started by hingedro, December 17, 2010, 04:13:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hingedro

I'm a Catholic, but have an interest in all religions and read blogs and forums by people of many faiths and none.  On pretty much every atheist site I read, there seems to be a host of bizarre messages posted by someone going under a variety of names, but generally referred to as "David Mabus" or similiar.  Who is this guy, and does he mean to be taken seriously?

McQ

Quote from: "hingedro"I'm a Catholic, but have an interest in all religions and read blogs and forums by people of many faiths and none.  On pretty much every atheist site I read, there seems to be a host of bizarre messages posted by someone going under a variety of names, but generally referred to as "David Mabus" or similiar.  Who is this guy, and does he mean to be taken seriously?

Not surprised you see him everywhere on these forums. I will try to be dispassnate in giving you an assessment of him.

He is a serial spammer of free thought forums. For some reason, unknown to anyone but him, he has fixated on atheists such as p.z. Myers, Richard Dawkins, and others, and posts outrageous and incoherent messages everywhere. He is not to be taken seriously, other than a potentially unstable person. He lives in Canada, and uses various IP addresses and. Proxies to return to forums.

He has threatened to kill people numerous times, usually posts in the first person plural, as if there is more than one person who believes his rot.

There is plenty on him if you Google his name, David Markuze.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Velma

He means to be taken seriously, but few do.  He's a serial troll who clutters up atheist blogs, forums, etc with his odd posts.  Many places treat it as spam.  In the places that leave it out for comment, it generally gets ridiculed.  Mention the name 'David Mabus' in the company of those who post on atheist blogs and forums and you'll get a laugh.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

hingedro

Quote from: "McQ"
Quote from: "hingedro"I'm a Catholic, but have an interest in all religions and read blogs and forums by people of many faiths and none.  On pretty much every atheist site I read, there seems to be a host of bizarre messages posted by someone going under a variety of names, but generally referred to as "David Mabus" or similiar.  Who is this guy, and does he mean to be taken seriously?

Not surprised you see him everywhere on these forums. I will try to be dispassnate in giving you an assessment of him.

He is a serial spammer of free thought forums. For some reason, unknown to anyone but him, he has fixated on atheists such as p.z. Myers, Richard Dawkins, and others, and posts outrageous and incoherent messages everywhere. He is not to be taken seriously, other than a potentially unstable person. He lives in Canada, and uses various IP addresses and. Proxies to return to forums.

He has threatened to kill people numerous times, usually posts in the first person plural, as if there is more than one person who believes his rot.

There is plenty on him if you Google his name, David Markuze.
Quote from: "Velma"He means to be taken seriously, but few do.  He's a serial troll who clutters up atheist blogs, forums, etc with his odd posts.  Many places treat it as spam.  In the places that leave it out for comment, it generally gets ridiculed.  Mention the name 'David Mabus' in the company of those who post on atheist blogs and forums and you'll get a laugh.

Thanks guys, have done some searching and there is indeed plenty of information on him out there. (By the way, I think his real name is Dennis Markuze, not David.)

McQ

Yep, my mistake. I know his real name, just was in a hurry and used the wrong one.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Asmodean

Former upstanding guy... Probably with a late onset adolescent schizophrenia. The definition of a pathetic form of life besides. Not much more to say about that one, really...
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

hingedro

Don't know if this has been mentioned here but it seems Michael Shermer has reached the end of his tether. http://sguforums.com/index.php?topic=33119.0

Whitney

Quote from: "hingedro"Don't know if this has been mentioned here but it seems Michael Shermer has reached the end of his tether. http://sguforums.com/index.php?topic=33119.0

Mabus has been directly targeting one of my friends...I"m glad Shermer is taking such a strong stance on this.

hackenslash

To my knowledge, he has erected at least 30 sock accounts on Ratskep, close to 100 on the old RDF (not quite as prolific as Atheist0clast), and many on pretty much every rationalist forum I've been a member of. He's a sick little puppy.
There is no more formidable or insuperable barrier to knowledge than the certainty you already possess it.

Whitney

Quote from: "hackenslash"To my knowledge, he has erected at least 30 sock accounts on Ratskep, close to 100 on the old RDF (not quite as prolific as Atheist0clast), and many on pretty much every rationalist forum I've been a member of. He's a sick little puppy.
he recently discovered twitter too...

hingedro

Quote from: "Whitney"he recently discovered twitter too...
Yeah, he seems to treat that in the same way he does forums, i.e. start new account, post loads of crap, get banned immediately, start new account...

Tank

Quote from: "hingedro"
Quote from: "Whitney"he recently discovered twitter too...
Yeah, he seems to treat that in the same way he does forums, i.e. start new account, post loads of crap, get banned immediately, start new account...
Good thing I don't do twitter!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.