News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

*Pokes head out from under a cardboard box.*

Started by Shalo'zier, June 17, 2007, 05:19:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shalo'zier

Hello everyone of HAF, my name's Shal, and I thought it about time that I gave up my lurking ways, and joined.

I'm 16, enjoy reading, writing, and listening to music. I hopefully will be getting a guitar soon, so I can start making my own music (eventually. It'll be crap though. I know it.)

I was recently banned from a Baptist site, just for admitting I was an atheist.

I posed to their administrator, whether or not acceptance of people no matter what race or creed, is not taught in the bible.

I've yet to recieve a message.

Appears to me that, though Christians want to be treated equally, they don't want to share that right with anyone else.

Anyway, that's my story.

I hope to make some good friends here.
Join The Hallway, and enjoy the most random place this side of the Transformer Fanlisting site.

Eclecticsaturn

welcome to the site. sucks to hear the hypocricy, but get used to it.

tacoma_kyle

Haha you got banned for that? What tools.

Whats up?
Me, my projects and random pictures, haha.

http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o22/tacoma_kyle/

"Tom you gotta come out of the closet, oh my gawd!" lol

SteveS

Hi Shalo'zier - welcome!

Squid

Hola Shal and welcome aboard.

Quote from: "Shalo'zier"I hopefully will be getting a guitar soon, so I can start making my own music (eventually. It'll be crap though. I know it.)

Best piece of advice I can give as a guitarist - practice as much as you can.  The more you practice, the better you will get.

skeptigirl

Hi, don't be so hard on yourself about your talents. Write and play music to please yourself. Give yourself a break for being a beginner (if that's what you are). And I have come across a couple really nice guitars at the local thrift stores recently. You might check such places out occasionally if funds are the issue causing the delay.

Re the banning, remind them they are supposed to be trying to 'save' you and they should be able to defend any challenges you toss their way. They come to forums like this one often enough trying to 'save' us.

McQ

Eat cod. It makes you a better player.

OK, non sequiturs aside, good advice on practicing. Some people, including me, will say that lessons are really helpful, while others will say they are not necessary. Don't listen to them. They are all troglydites.  :D

Just play, as much as your bleeding fingers can take. And learn from experienced players.

Oh, and have fun!
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Shalo'zier

Yeah, no worries about the practice thing.

If I get it before summer break starts, I plan to spend every waking moment figuring out the tougher scales.....

Also....

An hour a day is reccomended.

I want to have 5 or 6.
Join The Hallway, and enjoy the most random place this side of the Transformer Fanlisting site.