News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Push the button or not?

Started by Eore, June 14, 2010, 06:15:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cecilie

Quote from: "Davin"
Quote from: "Cecilie"What's it about? Don't tell me all the details if I decide that I want to read it.   :blush:
The world's what you create.

Davin

Quote from: "Cecilie"
Quote from: "Davin"
Quote from: "Cecilie"What's it about? Don't tell me all the details if I decide that I want to read it.   :blush:
Would have been very creepy if someone knocked at the door just as you read that. I guess I could have increased my odds by just saying, "Answer that."
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

teifuani

Quote from: "teifuani"
Quote from: "Cecilie"The headline of this thread reminds me of the movie 'The Box'. Never saw it though. Is it any good?

You see what I did there? I changed the subject for no reason at all.

I can't say anything about the movie, but the short story "Button, Button" by Richard Matheson it was based on was amazing. ;)

Basically this random guy shows up to this couple's place and offers them a  chance to push this button. If they push it, they'll receive a certain amount of money and someone whom they "don't know" will die. And I really don't know how to go into further detail without spoiling it. :P

Cecilie

Quote from: "Davin"Would have been very creepy if someone knocked at the door just as you read that. I guess I could have increased my odds by just saying, "Answer that."
Yeah, well I don't expect anybody knocking at my door at 00:47. Although if it happend, it would be even more scary 'cause it would be night time.

Cecilie

Quote from: "teifuani"Basically this random guy shows up to this couple's place and offers them a  chance to push this button. If they push it, they'll receive a certain amount of money and someone whom they "don't know" will die. And I really don't know how to go into further detail without spoiling it. :P
That's just like the movie 'The Box'. I saw the trailer.

teifuani

Quote from: "teifuani"Basically this random guy shows up to this couple's place and offers them a  chance to push this button. If they push it, they'll receive a certain amount of money and someone whom they "don't know" will die. And I really don't know how to go into further detail without spoiling it. :P

I'm pretty sure the movie's based on the short story. How they made a movie out of it I have no idea, because the story's only six or so pages long. XD

Cecilie

Quote from: "teifuani"

I'm pretty sure the movie's based on the short story. How they made a movie out of it I have no idea, because the story's only six or so pages long. XD
Maybe I'll see it and see how they did it.