News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Texas Freethought Convention Oct 8-10 2010 Register Today!

Started by Whitney, June 13, 2010, 08:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitney

Texas Freethought Convention http://www.texasfreethoughtconvention.com/
October 8-10th, 2010 in Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas!  If you are in Texas or a neighboring state you must attend because it's going to be great this year!

TFC 2010 Tickets: http://www.texasfreethoughtconvention.com/tickets.html

General Adult Admission is $90
(Early Bird Special! $75 through 7/31)

Child Admission is $90 for a three day pass
(Early Bird Special! $75 through 7/31 or Saturday only for $40)

Student Admission is  $29
(ages 13 to 25 with valid student ID)

Who:
Atheists, Agnostics, Freethinkers, Secularists, Rationalists, Non-Believers, Humanists, Brights, Skeptics and anybody else who wants to join in on the event from around Texas and across the U.S.

Where:
Sheraton Grand Hotel
at Dallas/Fort Worth Airport
4440 W. John Carpenter Frwy.
Irving,  Texas  75063

When:
October 8-10th 2010

What:
Live music, national and
local speakers, food, drinks, Taste of Camp Quest for the kids.

Why:
A statewide convention to enhance communication and community between individuals, families, groups and organizations throughout Texas and beyond.

Cecilie

The world's what you create.

Whitney

Early Bird Discount is only valid till the end of July...register now :)

http://www.texasfreethoughtconvention.com

[attachment=0:300avnqu]FlyerWeb.pdf[/attachment:300avnqu]

deekayfry

This in a state where the strap of the Bible Belt crosses through its center and the buckle clasps right over Seneca, South Carolina  :)

...and the Texan ;)
I told the people of my district that I would serve them as faithfully as I had done; but if not ... you may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas.-  Davey Crockett, 1834

Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws.- Douglas Adams, "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

Whitney

Quote from: "deekayfry"This in a state where the strap of the Bible Belt crosses through its center and the buckle clasps right over Seneca, South Carolina  :hmm:

Yup...the south really needs a convention of their own since so many here need to know they aren't alone; thus the Texas Freethought Convention was born (it's on the 3rd year)

Whitney

There's just one hour left to register at the discounted rate   :bananacolor:

Gawen

Can't go. I'll be coming off a 4 day bike rally in Hot Springs the weekend before. I couldn't handle the $90.00 registration so soon.
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor

Reasonable

Darn, I was hoping to see you guys there, but I won't be in town for that week!

Whitney

Quote from: "Reasonable"Darn, I was hoping to see you guys there, but I won't be in town for that week!
Maybe next year then!

There is quite a bit going on in DFW quite frequently...I'm even willing to help organize a special HAF meetup around here (here being anywhere within 4-5 hours of DFW) if there are enough interested.

Whitney

Intercourseman72

I live at the UTD campus and have no class Fridays and nothing planned for the 8th-10th. The thing says 30$ admission for student. Sounds pretty damn good to me but I have no idea what it's like there. Whoever has been there before can you explain what it is they do there? If I go, I won't know anybody, so it would be nice if I could meet up with somebody on this forum IRL.

PM me if you want also.

Whitney

It's going to be different (read better) this year than the last couple of years.  There will be lots of opportunities for socializing, getting your fix of informative talks, and hearing awesome freethought music.

Other UTD students are also attending...did you know you have a campus atheist group?

Pm sent (well in a few minutes).

Intercourseman72

Meh, all i get posted on my door are Stuff from Christians. Other than that, there are a bunch of Muslims and Indians and Asians on campus. That's my basic impression. I am basically a freshman here.

Reginus

Quote from: "Whitney"It's going to be different (read better) this year than the last couple of years.  There will be lots of opportunities for socializing, getting your fix of informative talks, and hearing awesome freethought music.

Other UTD students are also attending...did you know you have a campus atheist group?

Pm sent (well in a few minutes).
Lol "freethought music."  Never heard of that before.
"The greatest argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill

Whitney

Quote from: "Reginus"Pm sent (well in a few minutes).
Lol "freethought music."  Never heard of that before.[/quote]

http://www.ilike.com/artist/George+Hrab ... r+Yourself