News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Skeptics in the Pub

Started by Tank, May 07, 2010, 07:10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

George

Excellent, I've heard Rebecca Watson mention this on the Skeptics guide podcast but she was talking about a Galsgow pub. I thought at the time I'd like to go but Glasgow's a bit far for me and I didn't realize they happened anywhere else. I play in a band over Leeds way so I'm there quite a lot. I'll definitely get myself along to one sometime. September's one entitled 'How to be a Psychic Con-man' particularly appealled to me as I thought it'd be a good one to bring my psychic-curious girlfriend along to! Then I realized I'm protesting the sodding pope on the 18th!  roflol
"If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities" -- Voltaire (1694-1778)

Tank

Excellent! BTW my real name is Chris  :D  Tank is a school nick name, I also like Tanks and I live near the Vickers Tank factory in Leeds.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

karadan

Hey wow! They do an event in Cambridge.  :D  It is in one of my favourite pubs as well.

Thanks for the heads-up on this Tank. I'll certainly be attending.
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

George

Quote from: "Tank"Excellent! BTW my real name is Chris :D Tank is a school nick name, I also like Tanks and I live near the Vickers Tank factory in Leeds.

Ok, cheers Chris! I'll give you a shout on here when I can make it along to one.

George.
"If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities" -- Voltaire (1694-1778)

Tank

Bump for n00bs. The next leeds meeting is the 18th Sept.