News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

The Setting Sun

Started by Heretical Rants, June 28, 2009, 04:26:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heretical Rants

I was recently fortunate enough to witness the light of the setting sun landing upon the side of a thundercloud.  As I looked up, my jaw fell.  I compulsively threw my shoulders back and took a deep breath of the crisp air that had been washed clean by the rain.  Upon exhalation, I said aloud, "There is no god."

As the crimson hues faded to purple, an arc of lighting streaked across the sky and fizzled out within the cloud, illuminating the darkening sky.  This was the finale of the brilliant contrast between light and dark taking place on the vaporous cliff up above me, and shortly thereafter a fine mist of rain began to fall, cooling my upturned face.

Chimera

Nicely written.

Nature is so awesome!!
"I refuse to believe in a god who is the primary cause of conflict in the world, preaches racism, sexism, homophobia, and ignorance, and then sends me to hell if I’m 'bad.'" â€" Mike Fuhrman