News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Welcome me, or i'll ban you

Started by Amor Fati, July 10, 2006, 09:14:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amor Fati

Hey all, I'm Brian the silent admin.  I've been an Atheist since around the age of 22, and a non-theist for an additional five years.  Like most atheists, my journey from christianity has been long and twisted, with plenty of pain and joy along the way.  Growing up in Oklahoma has given me a unique experience with fundies of all stripes, and yet here at OSU I've found a microcosm of rationality at the philosophy department that allowed for a further development of independent thought.  

Politically I'm a liberal, but philosophically i think of myself as a critical tribalist.  Working on my M.A. in philosophy here, I specialize in evolutionary theory and the philosophy of biology, political philosophy, and Nietzsche.  I'm finishing up my thesis on a rediculously narrow and technical issue within evolutionary theory: the legitimacy of what are called 'just-so' stories in evolutionary explanations.  So basically i sit at home all day and play poker and xbox live.

Anyways, hello all.

Edit: Just having fun with the title, I usually think admins do too much on open debate forums like this.

Whitney

By "silent admin" he means bf that gets admin status by default yet didn't waste his time to post anything till today :)

Amor Fati

Quote from: "laetusatheos"By "silent admin" he means bf that gets admin status by default yet didn't waste his time to post anything till today :)

Since I feel partially responsible for your fall from grace, I thought it would be a good idea to come play on your forum.

MommaSquid

All hail Amor Fati.  

Huzzah!  Huzzah!  Huzzah!

Jassman

Welcome Amor Fati/Brian....

....Does this mean I'm not getting banned?
[size=75]"You ever notice how people who believe in creationism look really unevolved?" -Bill Hicks[/size]

[size=75]I'm drowning in the fear of gods. The more I see the less I want. I was not raised

Court

I should have guessed, what with another Latin name... :)
[size=92]
I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of silent seas
[/size]
[size=92]
try having a little faith = stop using your brain for a while -- ziffel[/size]

Amor Fati

Thanks, everyone!

Asmodean Prime

Sorry, I forgot to pay appropriate homage. Hey, what happened to the bowing emoticon?  I'm getting too old for this kneeling ritual. ;)  In any case, welcome.

Whitney

Quote from: "Chris"Hey, what happened to the bowing emoticon?  I'm getting too old for this kneeling ritual. ;)

Sorry...forgot to upload the emoticons...but that did remind me, so I just need to find the files.

Big Mac

No offense but Oklahoma ain't got shit on Texas. I mean, we have spawned countless fundy preachers. Look at Tilton, well, mostly Dallas (or as I call it: the crappiest little city in the south). Anyway, uh welcome, dude.
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?

Amor Fati

Quote from: "Big Mac"No offense but Oklahoma ain't got shit on Texas. I mean, we have spawned countless fundy preachers. Look at Tilton, well, mostly Dallas (or as I call it: the crappiest little city in the south). Anyway, uh welcome, dude.

True, and think of David Koresh.  Still, Oklahoma is the armpit of the bible belt.

McQ

Hello amor fati. Do anything to me you want just please don't throw me in the briar patch!
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Amor Fati

lol

Asmodean Prime

yeah, welcome amor fati
although i think you were here before me

anyway, you can't ban me, cos i've wormed my way onto your hard-drive

resistance is futile

MommaSquid

Quote from: "onlyme"resistance is futile

Funny   :borg:

Quote from: "onlyme"anyway, you can't ban me, cos i've wormed my way onto your hard-drive

Not funny.