News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Political Correctness

Started by MarcusA, June 04, 2023, 06:26:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

i dont kmow what to do sbout tbe nazi data.

how important is it to know how long it takes a naked man dropped  into ice water to freeze to desth?

killing mice by dropping into freezing water had ong been a wY to assess vigour in scientific circles.

i dont like that either

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Asmodean

Indeed. It's a matter of balancing distaste (potentially, likely-bad-outcomes as well) against curiosity and possibly even a need for a particular answer.

Let us do an Asmoic Hyperbole, because Asmos like those;

Let us assume that Hitler greatly enjoyed beef stroganoff made from prisoners of war. Is that dish now tainted whatever its meat? If you "invented" it all anew, would it still somehow inherit the taint never its own? What if you based something benign and fine-tasting on Hitler's original cannibalistic recipes?

I suppose the simplest answer is "just don't touch that stuff." Is it too simple though? What would you tell a person who asked "why" and was not willing to accept "because iffy" as an answer?

The best I can do, is say "it depends," then do my best to evaluate such problems case by case.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

billy rubin

eating a case of beef stroganoff made from prisoners of war that you found in the freezer is wrong, even though they are already dead

making a new recipe that does not use prisoners of war is just beef stroganoff.

i wouldnt touch either one.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Asmodean

Yeah, I wouldn't touch that sweet, sweet long pork either, though for personal reasons. Whether I would begrudge someone else a taste... Is situational, I suppose.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

MarcusA

Political Correctness on both sides is rife.
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

Asmodean

Maybe, but there are more sides than two in the great-and-perpetual-Culture-War.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

No one

There's only 2 sides. My side, and the wrong side.

Asmodean

Ah, but the Wrong Side(tm) is not a side. It's a constellation of often-conflicting interests and agendas. I have ranted repeatedly about sharing trenches with Christian fundamentalists against former "allies" from the """sceptic""" "community," yes? It's a bit like that.

We live in a time of strange bedfellows.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

No one

More mattress mambo mileage.

Asmodean

Yeah... Complete with the itchy rash after, but what's to be done?
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

No one

Chakras, crystals, essential oils, and potions.

Asmodean

In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

No one

MarcusA

What we need is a magic potion to solve everything.
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

No one

Haven't you been listening? I can get them all.