Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

animals in your life

Started by billy rubin, April 23, 2020, 01:04:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Magic Pudding.

Tank

Ia that Green's friend Slightly Brown?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

The Magic Pudding.

Quote from: Tank on March 02, 2023, 08:39:30 AMIa that Green's friend Slightly Brown?

Quote from: billy rubin on March 01, 2023, 11:04:06 PMweve got more birds, but i cant get a sight of the bastards to tell what they are.

It's a bustard.

billy rubin

i have never seen a bustard

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

The Magic Pudding.

Quote from: billy rubin on March 02, 2023, 01:43:39 PMi have never seen a bustard

I don't think I have either.
I think they're avoiding me.

They sound impressive, the Oz ones - Size Range 80 cm to 120 cm

billy rubin

rufous sided towhees are back

like this

you can hear a mourning dove in the back of this video

killdeer are looking over nest sites too

no meadowlarks or flycatchers yet

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

billy rubin

well, the number one daughter has rescued an armadillo baby. this might as well be th eoklhama state animal. theyre everywhere in the plains and the american south. shes in arkansas marking trees for a forestry gig.

notthis one. sje jasnt sent a picture. its eyes are still closed, she says. as big as a large cat when theyre full grown.

this is a nine banded armadillo. th elatin name is Dasypus novemcinctus, which is translated as "nine-banded armadillo." the only member of the edentata in north america. came over at the end of the pleistocene from the neotropics, during the great american faunal exchange, where the nearctic and neotropics exchanged marsupials and pumas and stuff after th e land bridge at panama connected the two continents.

they had gotten as far north as kansas by 1960, which is where i first encountered one that my father pulled out of the dustbin in the alley.

anyway, she's looking for kitten formula now and trying to figure out how to keep it from choking. they live as long as 20 years or more, so theyre an invvestment in time.

ive never managed to catch one. they have only little peg teeth, so i dont think they have much of a bite, but theyve got wicked claws.

pictures as soon as she sends any. she might have more soon. shes in the middle of tornado alley, and the winds are coming.

Dark Lightning

I'd recommend being careful with it. They are a known carrier of leprosy.

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

billy rubin

theyre fast too. ive chased em before and they humiliated me.

DL, i have suggested she not be licking it and to keep her hands washed. shes trying to get a wildlife center to take it but nobody is interested si shell be taking it with her to work and feeding it every few hiurs.

its really young

billy rubin

Tank

billy rubin

Tank

That tail is seriously alienish!

billy rubin

yes

theyre pretty odd looking

i dont know what kind of temerament an armadillo has