News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

animals in your life

Started by billy rubin, April 23, 2020, 01:04:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Lightning

billy rubin

ygmir

hes been losing his eyesight for some time now, bumping into closed doors and misplced furniture.

last night i waved a high intensity LED flashlight in front of his eyes with no response at all.

living out in the country this doesnt hinder him much tho. he still trots down to the road to the warehouse to clean out any leftover cat food, and goes on long walks with the other dog, who is deaf.

started out a a pump here 10 years or so ago. still has some years left in him i think

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

billy rubin

further adentures of ygmir the blind dog

he cant see the screen door in the kitchen to go outside, so he runs into the jamb unless you guide him. then he pushes it open. but the other day he was outside and then walked up to the kitchen porch. i turned away and then heard the screen door slam. looked up and ha was inside.

i called to the lovely wife,

wife, did you let the dog inside?

no, he lets himself in.

how? i asked

he reaches up to the string where the door handle used to be, pulls the door open, gets his head in and wiggles inside.

so i have a totally blind dog that discovered that there was a string tied to the screen door a foot above his head, that he could pull to open the door, and then he could squeeze in.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Tank

Awwww what a wonderful pooch  :love:  :love:  :love:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Anne D.

billy rubin

went looking for fish to join the last survivor in the fish tank, this hornyhead chub

the creek is running clear, but there arent any darters yet

but something has been tearing this tree apart on the bank. we have woodpeckers year round, so it could be one of them

billy rubin

holy shit its sunset and i just heard the first redwinged blackbird call.

its spring.

aegelius phoneceus or something like that

mostly marsh dwelling. the first ones back are the males who set up territories. then the females trickle up a week or two later from the south and pick out the maled with the best territories to mate with

billy rubin

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

billy rubin

hey

https://i.imgur.com/cKGc8Lf.mp4

do you brits still have bins of these at the fishmongers?

i remember them

billy rubin

not spwcifically in my life but something to think about
The weight of life: Cattle 40% of all mammals by mass, wild animals 6%

https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/the-weight-of-life-cattle-40-of-all-mammals-by-mass-wild-animals-6-101677696422898.html

For News on the go, Download HT app. Click https://htiphoneenglish.page.link/download

billy rubin

in other news

A Gujarat court has made some observations on cow slaughter as it dealt with a case of the illegal transport of cattle from Maharashtra. Giving life imprisonment to the accused, the court said all problems of the earth will be solved that day no drop of cow blood falls on the earth, LiveLaw and Bar and Bench reported. Likewise, the universe will cease to exist if cows become extinct, the district court of Tapi said.

All problems of Earth will vanish when cow slaughter is stopped: Gujarat court

https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/all-problems-of-earth-will-vanish-when-cow-slaughter-is-stopped-gujarat-court-101674406455982.html

For News on the go, Download HT app. Click https://htiphoneenglish.page.link/download

Tank

I think it is safe to say that the Hindu religion is unlikely to catch on in Texas.

billy rubin

well, i would agree, in general, but there appear to be a fair number of ashrams in texas.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ashrams+in+texas&oq=ashrams+in+texas&aqs=chrome..69i57.3768j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

i cant see that they are mainstream in any way there. frankly, i wouldnt be a hindu in texas, but then ive spent a lifetime avoiding texas, not always successfully. im from oklahoma, after all, so texas is periodically inevitable.

billy rubin

weve got more birds, but i cant get a sight of the bastards to tell what they are.

more coming.

my wife has been gathering praying mantid egg cases to distribute. with any luck she ll find some walking sticks. i love the orthopterans