News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Game: The Next Person... (true or false)

Started by Amicale, May 21, 2012, 10:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

Deleted. Everyone is tired of these jokes.

True, but for non-bird reasons.

TNP is planning a major change in his/her life and wants to share the plans with HAF.

The Magic Pudding.

True I'm tired of the birds.
It's now the time for Burts .

Also true as to the major change.

The Nxt has also resolved to never fall in love again.

Asmodean

False. I do not expect to fall in love easily - or to fail to prevent it, should I choose to, but the probably-a-little-sad answer is... I just don't care either way. Love - no love... To bastardise a quote from a song, it's all sand and water, wind and time. I'm OK, in a largely-indifferent kind of way, with things that "just are."

The next person would rather have all those things that money can buy than the money needed to buy them?

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Ecurb Noselrub

False, because when I have the money I still have the illusion of being able to buy those things, without being disappointed after I buy them.

TNP wants more, but is actually just fine where they are.

Tank

False. I'm just fine where I am at the moment.

The person who will answer this likes the smell of roses?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

i remember the smell of roses

but i have almost no sense of smell anymore

even skunks are diminished and distorted. but not auto transmission fluid, strangely.

TNP has had to learn how to drive on tbe wrong side of the road

set the function, not the mechanism.

Tank

True. I have driven on the wrong side of the road in both Europe and the USA. The worst bit was dual carriageways in the USA where there were on on/off ramps. I never went down the wrong side but I had to make a conscious effort not to. Other than that I just sat in the flow and it's no different from the UK.

TNP has driven a wrong sided vehicle eg a left hand drive car on a left sided road?
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Dark Lightning

False.

TNP has driven the wrong way on a one-way street.

Tank

True. Once a long time ago!

TNP Has had more accidents reversing than going forward.

Asmodean

False. One in reverse - I was young and unused to a car with a vast overhang in front of the front wheels, so when turning out of a parking space, I hooked my front bumper on one of them concrete divider things and half-pulled it off. Two and a quarter frontal impacts - one with my stepdad's garage, one with another car (Low speed MVC on ice) and one road sign (also on ice)

When not driving, my bus got rear-ended by a bus once, with me in the rearmost seats - then suddenly in the bendy middle bit. My car got reversed into while parked once. Had to re-paint the front bumper and change some plastic clips what hold such things in place these days. Probably a scrape or two I'm forgetting, but that's pretty much my MVC history right there.

When buying car insurance, the next person looks more at what it is exactly they buy than the price?
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Ecurb Noselrub

True. You can get more insurance for a fairly small increase in premium. Always buy "Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist" protection - there are many idiots out there with no insurance in the States.

TNP becomes a different, more aggressive, and more brazen person when driving a car.

Dark Lightning

False. I'm a blue steel SoB 100% of the time.  :P

TNP Can change out a flat tire but uses a roadside service instead,

Asmodean

For shame. Shame on The Asmo and His Divinely-Lazyass ways.

The next person has read more than 100 books in their entirety?
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

True. And as I can't bring myself to ever throw a book away I have all of them and many others.

TNP hoards books?

Anne D.

True. And I keep buying more even though there's no place to put them and they're a bitch to move. The only books I read as e-books are my noir stories. These days it's Alan Parks.

TNP can read while riding in a car without getting sick.