News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Game: The Next Person... (true or false)

Started by Amicale, May 21, 2012, 10:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

False. I am saying nothing else.

TNP bears the shame of an evil deed done decades ago, that haunts his/her mind regularly.

Anne D.

True, but I was born with a guilty conscience.

TNP has a recurring nightmare that they've killed someone and hidden the body and always wakes up from it wondering if they really did.

Asmodean

The Asmo will neither confirm nor deny it being a nightmare... Or the case. ;D

The next person does not remember their dreams?

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

The Magic Pudding.

False, though probably don't remember all.
I've  certainly had the "they've killed someone and hidden the body" dream.

The nxt knows the word for the feeling of relief felt when waking and realising they don't have to  deal with what they were just dreaming about, such as police with cadaver dogs sniffing out their backyard DIY concreting.

Asmodean

The Asmo can neither confirm nor deny that false - He knows that feeling as He goes to sleep.

...What? He is an evil God. :smilenod:

The next person has successfully poured DIY concrete?
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

False. I had professionals do it ;)

Whoever answers this has inspected the contents of their handkerchief and been proud of the results.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

The Magic Pudding.

False.

The Nxt is dubious about all this being proud of stuff going on these days

Asmodean

True in so far as being proud of something one did not achieve.

I make for a terrible football supporter, to put it this way. So some dudes won a game..? Good for them.

The next person, however, is capable of taking pride in something that for them "just is?"
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Ecurb Noselrub

Yes, but "taking pride" is not the same as being "prideful". It's being happy, pleased and satisfied about something, and there are a few things that "just are" for which I experience this feeling. Such as my bald head.

TNP has a mental list of things he/she would like to go back and change/delete in his/her past.

Asmodean

False. Every flip of the coin, every decision made, every problem solved and avoided - everything in my past defines me exactly as I am today, and I don't mind that me. Change something, and there would be a different The Asmo having - or not - different regrets here now.

Interesting question, so rolling it forward.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

True, There are a couple of things that if I'd known then what I know now I would have done things differently. It could well have changed my life trajectory but I think I would have had a better work life balance.

Roll over.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

This ought to be its own thread because it really is an excellent question.

Re-rollover because I did answer.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Ecurb Noselrub

I will make a thread.

TNP will participate in that thread.

The Magic Pudding.

Maybe

The nxt is disappointed that no one in Bruce's thread has yet volunteered anything that they can store away and use against them when the time is right.

Ecurb Noselrub

True. I was hoping to gain some juicy information.

TNP wants The Magic Pudding to be the Priest of this forum, to take confession from everyone, and to completely violate priest-penitent confidentiality - to rip open the confessional for all to see!