News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Happy Winter Solstice

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, December 21, 2022, 09:54:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

7 minutes ago it became winter. Hope you are having a great solstice day!

billy rubin

9F tomorrow

thats -12 for you C types

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Asmodean

Quote from: billy rubin on December 21, 2022, 10:59:36 PM9F tomorrow

thats -12 for you C types
Yep. Here, too. Though +1 during the day, which is worse because it's going to continue raining, and what do wet roads turn into immediately as the temperatures go home for the day? They become ice rinks, only more slippery. >:(

No, there is but huone solution. The Asmo. He needs to burn WAY more diesel so that the global temperatures may rise enough to avoid such unfortunate circumstances. Replace them with different ones, really, but hey - as long as it's warm. :smilenod:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

The Magic Pudding.

It's been peculiarly cool, only 25C today.

Yesterday was Gravy Day

No one

Ha, ha, ha, you guys believe in seasons.

billy rubin

places here in tba e states will get -30c.

im due for -15c

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Bluenose

Quote from: The Magic Pudding. on December 22, 2022, 12:08:04 PMIt's been peculiarly cool, only 25C today.

Yesterday was Gravy Day

Of course, OTOH

+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

billy rubin

solstice plus a day or two on the way to work

Tank

Merry Christmas to one and all!!!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dark Lightning

Hope everyone has a good day, like usual!

billy rubin

Recusant

Here's to more daylight in the Northern hemisphere, and a splendid summer in the Southern. Good will to all.  :frolic:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Dark Lightning

The days are getting longer again, which I like, but I'm hoping for no brutal heat like we had last summer.

Asmodean

I'm hoping for some more heat myself. Currently, the ice skating rig that passes for my local road is well on its way to becoming like concrete. At this rate, it will take all summer to melt  >:(

The Asmo wanders off, muttering something grumpy about flamethrowers and nasty government what doesn't let Him have those.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.