News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Magic Pudding.

Quote from: Asmodean on December 06, 2022, 09:03:25 AMOne must ask, must one not, just how does an person rape someone negligently?

The answer seems obvious to me, he got lucky for first time in thirty years.
Took his thirty year old condom out of his wallet, put it where it goes.
Condom failed, he is guilty of rapine, max negligento.

Asmodean

..! That would certainly explain it. :smilenod: Remember, kids, condoms have an shelf life. Rape responsibly. Buy some fresh rubbies.

Disclaimer: I do not condone nor encourage illegal activities with or without new condoms bla bla bla satire bla bla.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Recusant

"Grossly negligent" in this instance can refer to a (false) belief on the part of the perpetrator that consent had been given. Can also refer to an instance where consent had not been established, but the perpetrator did not intend to commit rape. Not sure of the details of the local law.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

The Magic Pudding.

Daughter 2 completed her first full ironman on Sunday.

Swim 2.4m / 3.8km
Bike 112m / 180km   
Run  26.2 m / 42.2km   
Total 140.6m / 226km

Just under 10 hours, quickest female was around 9hr.

Fkn crazy, how, why did I fail to impart the proper Oz lackadaisical approach to life?

Asmodean

Quote from: Recusant on December 06, 2022, 08:11:25 PM"Grossly negligent" in this instance can refer to a (false) belief on the part of the perpetrator that consent had been given. Can also refer to an instance where consent had not been established, but the perpetrator did not intend to commit rape. Not sure of the details of the local law.
You are of course correct - it was a matter of consent not having been established, it's just that "negligence" in rape cases does sound a bit like someone was walking around with their penis hanging out, tripped over and fell into someone else.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Quote from: The Magic Pudding. on December 07, 2022, 11:28:40 AMDaughter 2 completed her first full ironman on Sunday.

Swim 2.4m / 3.8km
Bike 112m / 180km   
Run  26.2 m / 42.2km   
Total 140.6m / 226km

Fkn crazy, how, why did I fail to impart the proper Oz lackadaisical approach to life?

Astonishing!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Icarus

Quote from: The Magic Pudding. on December 07, 2022, 11:28:40 AMDaughter 2 completed her first full ironman on Sunday.

Swim 2.4m / 3.8km
Bike 112m / 180km   
Run  26.2 m / 42.2km   
Total 140.6m / 226km

One hundred forty miles in ten hours implies an average speed of about 14 MPH. Neither swim nor run would be possible at that speed and distance. That implies that the 112 miles on the bike had to average something like 20+MPH.  That is possible only for a skilled and determined athlete.

Here is a salute from afar to the Pudding daughter. 

billy rubin

Swim 2.4m / 3.8km
Bike 112m / 180km   
Run  26.2 m / 42.2km   
Total 140.6m / 226km

how does a human being do that?

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

hermes2015

She has obviously inherited some good genes.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Dark Lightning

Indeed. The Pudding rows(?) that kayak for many miles. She must've got some of those genes. Good job by the daughter! I could run and bike, but was never a good swimmer.

On my mind? My wife went on a quilting cruise to "forget her troubles", what with her mother dying last January, and having to evict the tenants from our rental house, who left a week ahead of the Sheriff with many thousands in arrears that we'll likely never see...and she came down with Covid on that cruise! She's still testing positive, and I'm frantically looking for where to sleep.  >:( 

The Magic Pudding.

Quote from: hermes2015 on December 10, 2022, 03:14:32 AMShe has obviously inherited some good genes.

I don't thinks so, there's probably some mutation involved.

hermes2015

Quote from: The Magic Pudding. on December 10, 2022, 08:22:49 AM
Quote from: hermes2015 on December 10, 2022, 03:14:32 AMShe has obviously inherited some good genes.

I don't thinks so, there's probably some mutation involved.

Luckily, the robust Tank genes prevailed.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Icarus

Damn DL, sorry to hear about all that bad news. Here's hoping that you will find a warm and secure place to sleep.

Tank

Quote from: Dark Lightning on December 10, 2022, 03:35:20 AMIndeed. The Pudding rows(?) that kayak for many miles. She must've got some of those genes. Good job by the daughter! I could run and bike, but was never a good swimmer.

On my mind? My wife went on a quilting cruise to "forget her troubles", what with her mother dying last January, and having to evict the tenants from our rental house, who left a week ahead of the Sheriff with many thousands in arrears that we'll likely never see...and she came down with Covid on that cruise! She's still testing positive, and I'm frantically looking for where to sleep.  >:( 

Shit that's not good.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dark Lightning

Well, my youngest brother bugged out, don't know where to or for how long. If I had known he was going to be gone, I'd've tossed a sheet onto his bed and slept there. I must say though, that we've probably had it sweep through here without even knowing it. Hundreds of people go through the store my son works at. There's a vanishingly small likelihood that he hasn't been exposed, and therefor, us too.  :shrug: