News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Are You Dead?

Started by The Magic Pudding., November 12, 2022, 07:46:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Magic Pudding.

The scenario is modern medicine went away twenty years ago, I'm not sure why, a problem with latex gloves maybe.
None of the 20-21st century stuff is available.

I could probably leach or bleed you if your humours are out of balance.

So, no modern medicine for the last twenty years, are you dead?

Tank

Yes. I died of sepsis in April this year. Age 62. I may have died earlier from diabetes.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

No one

No, I have crystals, chakras, and essential oils.

Old Seer

On what insights do you base this conclusion?The internet is replete with ads for old herbal medicines, remedies and methods.  :)
The only thing possible the world needs saving from are the ones running it.
Oh lord, save us from those wanting to save us.
I'm not a Theist.

Dark Lightning

'74, a ruptured appendix. I survived it but had two subsequent surgeries due to complications. Probably would have died at any of those three occurrences, without surgery.

Recusant

A relatively robust constitution and some luck: maybe. The pandemic might have got me though, lacking social distancing, masks, and vaccines. Even otherwise very healthy people succumbed due to their genetic inheritance leaving them vulnerable to this coronavirus. It was a crapshoot.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Asmodean

20 years...

I survived, though them two kidney stones, a shoulder and a back injury were far less pleasant.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.