News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Things that make you chuckle

Started by Dave, September 06, 2017, 06:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hermes2015

Every time I read the word chrétienne in a French text, I read it as cretin. It makes sense, I suppose.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Ah, the French! They have the best language for swearing at people. Viciously and at length.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

The Queen was once asked where she liked to spend her time. She replied that stables were good because they were the only place she went that didn't smell of new paint.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Apparently they asked her if they could use a double for her. She made it known she would like to do it herself. She kept it a total secret from everybody in her family.

hermes2015

Quote from: Tank on September 13, 2022, 07:38:51 AMApparently they asked her if they could use a double for her. She made it known she would like to do it herself. She kept it a total secret from everybody in her family.

That's amazing; I always assumed it was faked. She had a good sense of humour and must have enjoyed playing herself in the movie. She and Margaret were two of the more interesting members of the Royal Family.
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: hermes2015 on September 13, 2022, 04:26:20 PM
Quote from: Tank on September 13, 2022, 07:38:51 AMApparently they asked her if they could use a double for her. She made it known she would like to do it herself. She kept it a total secret from everybody in her family.

That's amazing; I always assumed it was faked. She had a good sense of humour and must have enjoyed playing herself in the movie. She and Margaret were two of the more interesting members of the Royal Family.

Apparently she had an impish sense of humour. 

Ecurb Noselrub

The queue to see her coffin may reach 9 miles long. That is insane. She was obviously loved by many.

billy rubin

that is genuinely strange to me.

i wouldnt wait in line that long if it were me that was dead.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Icarus

Dark Lightning

:lol: That's right, he'd be at the head of the line!

Tank

Asmodean

You know what this reminds me of, for some reason? Warhammer 40K. The corpse Emperor. Also, North Korea. A person has to wonder if 40K universe may have borrowed a thing or two from them... Like people doing a pilgrimage to bow to a corpse. A magical sort-of alive corpse, to be sure, but a corpse none the less.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

hermes2015

― Charles Eames