News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Mayo murder

Started by Asmodean, June 29, 2022, 09:21:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Quote from: Icarus on July 16, 2022, 01:05:51 AMWalking in another man's shoes is a metaphor guys.  It is said, whether true or not, that it is a bit of wisdom given to us by native Americans. (the ones whose land we so brazenly stole..........but that is a whole other subject that should give we old white men some shame)

When I used that metaphor, I was thinking of Magdalenas sensitivities. None of us have walked in her shoes so we cannot presume to understand her emotional or reactive state.  The general idea is applicable to other human situations as well.

My sensitivities?
My emotional?
or
My reactive state?

...Man, Icarus...

But I appreciate your concern. ;D

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

No one

I don't have to walk in another person's metaphoric shoes to understand or even recognize their individual hardships.

I know that plenty of women are harassed, insulted, and tormented on a daily basis, and though I will never try truly fathom what a difficult dilemma that is,I can at least sympathize with their oppression.

The point I was attempting to convey, is that not all meat suits deserve the warmth of compassion.

Icarus

Quote from: Magdalena on July 16, 2022, 03:59:48 AM
Quote from: Icarus on July 16, 2022, 01:05:51 AMWalking in another man's shoes is a metaphor guys.  It is said, whether true or not, that it is a bit of wisdom given to us by native Americans. (the ones whose land we so brazenly stole..........but that is a whole other subject that should give we old white men some shame)

When I used that metaphor, I was thinking of Magdalenas sensitivities. None of us have walked in her shoes so we cannot presume to understand her emotional or reactive state.  The general idea is applicable to other human situations as well.

My sensitivities?
My emotional?
or
My reactive state?

...Man, Icarus...

That is precisely the point Mags. We do not know each other. Yes, we exchange ideas or beliefs, we are even close and friendly with one another, but we still do not really know much about the inner thought processes of the other person.

Magdalena

Quote from: Icarus on July 17, 2022, 03:52:01 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on July 16, 2022, 03:59:48 AM
Quote from: Icarus on July 16, 2022, 01:05:51 AMWalking in another man's shoes is a metaphor, guys.  It is said, whether true or not, that it is a bit of wisdom given to us by native Americans. (the ones whose land we so brazenly stole..........but that is a whole other subject that should give we old white men some shame)

When I used that metaphor, I was thinking of Magdalena's sensitivities. None of us have walked in her shoes so we cannot presume to understand her emotional or reactive state.  The general idea applies to other human situations as well.

My sensitivities?
My emotional?
or
My reactive state?

...Man, Icarus...

That is precisely the point Mags. We do not know each other. Yes, we exchange ideas or beliefs, and we are even close and friendly with one another, but we still do not really know much about the inner thought processes of the other person.

But do you guys really want to know about the inner thought processes of the other person?

For those of us who are bi-lingual and bi-cultural, when a,  "Joke" is made here, a lot gets lost in the translation, interpretation, explanation, and tone.

Sure. There's a chance a "racist post" was "misinterpreted" due to poor translation, bad interpretation, explanation, and tone.

And there are times when it's open and clear.

And I think these are the things that we should consider when we post if we really want to "meet" halfway...this way, people's sensitivities, emotional or reactive state's will not be "offended", as you guys call it.

I already learned your language and your culture for more than 40 Years.
--That's what I call,
" Really, genuinely wanting to know about the inner thought processes of the other person."

I have walked in you guy's Crocs.  ;D

I'm trying to meet you halfway, by being clear when I speak. I know your idioms, your expressions, and your mannerisms. Please don't say I may have been "emotional" and the words caused me to react. I'm just trying to communicate with all of you ...and some of your posts make you look unwelcoming to those of us who have worked very hard to not be seen and talked about in the negative, old and outdated stereotypical way immigrants are seen.
--Everywhere.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Let's take a break.

;D

billy rubin

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

No one

An asshat is an asshat is an asshat, no matter which branch of the asshat tree they fell off of!

Magdalena

Quote from: billy rubin on July 17, 2022, 11:40:19 AMhola chica

Hola.

Gracias, Kevin.
Gracias por tratar. Es un paso hacia el frente. Una palabra, simple, pero dice mucho de usted. Asi se empieza.
 ;)

Magdalena

Quote from: No one on July 17, 2022, 11:50:51 AMAn asshat is an asshat is an asshat, no matter which branch of the asshat tree they fell off of!

Have a little "faith" in humanity.
 :sad sigh:

No one

My assurance in humanity is fastened by the weakest of links.

Magdalena

Quote from: No one on July 17, 2022, 09:16:14 PMMy assurance in humanity is fastened by the weakest of links.

Oh, boy. :-\