News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Political picture dump

Started by Tank, December 22, 2015, 01:16:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom62

I'm not interested in defending the Republicans nor attacking Democrats. I'm merely an observer watching the USA going through a very tough time because both parties now seem to hate each other. Some of that hate is fuelled continuously by the media. They seem to have lost any responsibility and is not interested in publishing facts but opinions. I truly hope that the USA gets rid of that hate and that the people on both sides of the political spectrum start building bridges again.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Icarus

Tom62

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Icarus

Poor Joe.  He has to bear the blame for those problems.  Truth to tell he inherited most of them through no fault of his own.  He need not shoulder the blame for the supply chain crisis or the rampant inflation.  He is getting precious little help from the other side to try to mitigate these problems. He does not get a get out of jail free card because he is not being very aggressive toward his accusers. 

The Democrats are being pussies about refuting all the damnable lies that the other side is using to undermine the left. The Dems are going to have to become far more confrontational, else the party will suffer and the pols will lose their cushy jobs.  Joe and his people better get damned mad and conspicuously boisterous.

billy rubin

the democrats in congress are the ones who have shot themselves in the foot and have screwed biden at the same time. by refusing to compromise amongst themselves they have succeeded in laying a red carpet for the republicans to re-take the house and the senate in 2022.

when the republicans come back in they will swing the wrecking ball at everything they can.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Bad Penny II

supply chain

Sorry your parcel may be late, unfortunately there's been a bit of plague going on, we're doing our best.

vax mandate

There's no general government mandate most places, lots of workplaces don't want anti vax fuckwits though.

open border crisis

I thought Covid had slowed that heaps, it has on my island at least.

Afghanistan crisis

That's only a crisis for (1) Afghans and (2) People that care about the suffering of others far away
I'm not an Afghan and I'm less of a (2) as years go by.

Energy crisis

I've got enough, what crisis?

Inflation

A bit of inflation mightn't be a bad thing, things have been a bit flat.

I'm not a supporter of high levels of migration to my country.
I think the lower skilled would be more scarce and get paid better, property prices wouldn't be spiralling up, congestion wouldn't be such a thing
I'd prefer very few came from anywhere but I'd prefer some places over others so I must by definition be a racist.
I could say NO! GO AWAY! to the suffering no where to go refugees.
I don't support treating people allowed into a country badly because it isn't nice and that kind of shit comes back to bight you.

Did you like the cartoon?

As a cruel hearted and somewhat racist bastard, I didn't like it, I think this cartoon would appeal to the more extreme racist.
Of course there's a lot in there for the twisted as fuck misogynist fucks as well

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Icarus

Not too far off the political picture dump is this guy.  He appears to be a downhome hillbilly type, beard and all.  However he comes across as an analytical type who has the ability to THINK rationally.  Whoever put this series together has played well to the other side.  He is using common sense rhetoric to coax the dumbfucks toward reality. 

There is a whole series of his downhome talks on you tube.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5455J1fpd4U.

Icarus

The energy source in Europe is not entirely clear.  On the one hand, Russia can hold a few of the western European nations in fear of having their natural Gas supply taken away. Turkmenistan can hold Russia in some fear of having the Supply to Russia taken asway. 

It seems that Turkestan has massive fields of gas reserves.  Turkmenistan is selling Russia a five year deal that delivers 194 billion cubic feet of gas per annum. 

To hell with Russia, the best customer is China. 1.4 trillion cubic feet to China.   But the president of Turkmenistan has a name that is suspect.........Gurbanguly Berdymukhamedov.  Names be damned, Turkmenistan has that area of Europe at their mercy.

Mr. B

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Evelyn Beatrice Hall

Biggus Dickus

Kandiss Taylor is running in the GOP gubernatorial primary in Georgia.Her website says she's an educator with two decades of experience, but for some reason she chose not to put commas after "Jesus" or "Guns."

Georgia currently ranks 38th in the nation in child and family well-being, and firearms are the first-leading cause of death among children and teens in the state. I'm guessing she won't make this better, but is actually wanting to make it worse.

America really sucks doesn't it?

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Mr. B

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Evelyn Beatrice Hall

Recusant

She is challenging the Republican incumbent Kemp in the primary, along with three others (source).
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on February 21, 2022, 03:10:40 AM
Kandiss Taylor is running in the GOP gubernatorial primary in Georgia.Her website says she's an educator with two decades of experience, but for some reason she chose not to put commas after "Jesus" or "Guns."

Georgia currently ranks 38th in the nation in child and family well-being, and firearms are the first-leading cause of death among children and teens in the state. I'm guessing she won't make this better, but is actually wanting to make it worse.

Pfft
I'd steal her three stars and add another nine, to match the thirteen on the one true flag.
I'm not sure what all of them will be but "keep women in the home" will definitely be there.
The three Rs, she doesn't seem to care about them but I do.
Why isn't she at home looking after her babies anyway?
I don't like her provocative whore of Babylon glossy red lipstick either, that's another star already.
How dare she say "I'm The ONE You've Been Waiting For!" !!!
Jesus is the ONE I've been waiting for!  Death to blasphemers! ha, another star, this is easy.
Why is she using a woosey bus and not a monster truck?
Bigger roads for bigger personal vehickles, that's what I'm about. 

Tank

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on February 21, 2022, 03:10:40 AM

What went wrong? Why did the American dream turn into the American nightmare?  :'(
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Tank on February 21, 2022, 08:01:21 AM

What went wrong? Why did the American dream turn into the American nightmare?  :'(

What was the dream, every one can succeed if they work hard?
Is the nightmare a lifetime of full time work earns you squalid poverty?
Its probably always been a nightmare for many, I blame the marketing department.