News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Random Morality Poll

Started by MommaSquid, July 05, 2006, 05:17:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean Prime

They're cats...how could they not? ;)

Court

lol, I don't share your distrust, although I LOVE your kitties....
[size=92]
I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of silent seas
[/size]
[size=92]
try having a little faith = stop using your brain for a while -- ziffel[/size]

Whitney

Cats are evil.  Being cute is part of their plan to take over the world.  They actually don't sleep in your bed at night.  They just pretend to be asleep untill you are asleep then quietly sneek off to join their fellow comrades to further discuss their world domination plot.  Don't let their cute cuddling and purring fool you...they have a plan.  That's why they stare at you every now and then...it's their way of laughing at us being oblivious to their scheme.

But, they are so cute, who wouldn't want a whole bunch of adorable kittens in charge anyway?

-----

Why are court and I the only ones without weapons of choice near the bed?  You are all paranoid...lol  I've thought about maybe getting a gun before, but they scare me so that's probably not going to happen.  I also don't see myself being able to stab someone.  But my evil attack cats are there to protect me :twisted:

Asmodean Prime

Finally, Laetus brings some sanity to the conversation.  I may have to quote her next time I have to call the cops about the Cat Conspiracy!

Btw, I usually keep my "weapon" in the kitchen, as there does seem to be more of a need for chopped veggies than chopped assailants...and if any kitties are reading this, don't take this as a sign of weakness.   8)

Big Mac

Quote from: "TwistOfCain"See, I just keep a broadsword and a pair of knives next to my bed. I prefer that visceral feeling of driving a blade into something over shooting.

But I've said too much...*shifty eyes*

Well I also have a Seal SOG 2000 (possibly the most bad ass knife ever made and can survive anywhere.....) resting underneath my pillow in its sheath.

My friend told me that I should become a vigilante with all the guns I own.

I told him it didn't pay enough.

Shootings more menacing, no one alive can dodge bullets....except Keanu Reeves, because he knows Kung-Fu.

As for the meat cleaver, can it hit someone 15 yards away while they're trying to desert the Red Army?

Eh, final note: I live in one of the worst zip codes in Austin for crime, so I make my neighbors well aware of my possession of weapons. On cold nights you can hear me chamber a shotgun while singing Saturday Night Special by Lynard Skynard......whish whish whish......
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?

Asmodean Prime

Quote from: "Big Mac"As for the meat cleaver, can it hit someone 15 yards away while they're trying to desert the Red Army?

Yes, yes, I'm sure I could, given exigent circumstances

Quote from: "Big Mac"Eh, final note: I live in one of the worst zip codes in Austin for crime...

Hellloooooo, I have three cats.  I could have an arsenal, and they would not be dissuaded from their evil plans.  Dude, you have it lucky.

Court

Quote from: "laetusatheos"Why are court and I the only ones without weapons of choice near the bed?  You are all paranoid...lol, I've thought about how I would probably hurt myself with a gun faster than I would hurt anyone attacking me with it. :)
[size=92]
[/size]
[size=92]

Court

Quote from: "laetusatheos"Why are court and I the only ones without weapons of choice near the bed?  You are all paranoid...lol, I've thought about how I would probably hurt myself with a gun faster than I would hurt anyone attacking me with it. :)
[size=92]
[/size]
[size=92]

Big Mac

Double Posties! Double Posties!!!!

MommaSquid

You girls really should learn how to protect yourselves.  

If you are afraid of guns, it's probably because you don't know the basic safety rules.  Start with something small, like a 22 caliber handgun.  Most indoor firing ranges rent guns for a reasonable fee.  The one I go to has ladies night twice a week, offering free range time and reduced rentals for the ladies.  Guys dig chicks who can handle a weapon.  

And I agree with the whole cats plotting world domination scenario.  My cats just need to learn how to use the can opener.  They'd have no use for me after that.

Big Mac

My cat knows how to open doors (well she struggles most of the time but she's done it before) and she hisses sometimes, I swear it says "Ssssaaaammuuueeelllll.....ssssssss"

And I can attest to that, MS, chicks with guns are hot.

Court

Quote from: "Big Mac"Double Posties! Double Posties!!!!

whoops!
[size=92]
[/size]
[size=92]

Whitney

Quote from: "MommaSquid"You girls really should learn how to protect yourselves.  

If you are afraid of guns, it's probably because you don't know the basic safety rules.  Start with something small, like a 22 caliber handgun.  Most indoor firing ranges rent guns for a reasonable fee.  The one I go to has ladies night twice a week, offering free range time and reduced rentals for the ladies.  Guys dig chicks who can handle a weapon.  

I don't know why I'm afraid of guns.  It's more of an irrational fear than anything because I know that if it's not pointed towards me and the safety is on it shouldn't be able to hurt me.  I dated a cop a few years ago and made a big step in getting over my fear by touching a gun. I made him show me it was unloaded then shoot it at the wall a few times first...lol.  He was going to take me to the gun range (or out somewhere in the country) to shoot a gun but we quit seeing each other before getting around to that.

I've thought about going to a gun range sometime.  But since the area I live in has a very low crime rate I just don't feel it is a high priority.  The only time I ever felt a need to own a weapon was when I had broken off a long term relationship and the guy wasn't taking it well at all.  He's married with a child in Dallas now, so that concern has passed.  But, I am planning on taking some self defense classes when I can afford them (maybe can find one through the college that fits my schedule).  Idealy I'd like to know enough to be able to take away someone else's gun then enough to have to shoot it if necessary...because I don't see myself carrying a gun or keeping one around the house.  But, it probably would take a while to learn how to take a gun w/o being shot.

Big Mac

Well they teach Special Forces that for years and even then it's a so so possibility at best. Guns are not as bad as you think. We took my friend from Saudi to go shoot some AK's and he had never so much as held a BB gun. Hell he thought that the whole round went through the barrell (I'm not kidding) and after we explained how it work he said he felt "really dumb". But it's a naturally assumption for people who haven't used a firearm. I find it soothing in all honesty. I think you're the one on AN who mentioned dating a cop when I was talking about how I want to become one. (I still do and I'm working on the needed college hours and getting into better shape, it's a good thing Austin PD is desperate for cops)

Whitney

Quote from: "Big Mac"Well they teach Special Forces that for years and even then it's a so so possibility at best. Guns are not as bad as you think. We took my friend from Saudi to go shoot some AK's and he had never so much as held a BB gun. Hell he thought that the whole round went through the barrell (I'm not kidding) and after we explained how it work he said he felt "really dumb". But it's a naturally assumption for people who haven't used a firearm. I find it soothing in all honesty. I think you're the one on AN who mentioned dating a cop when I was talking about how I want to become one. (I still do and I'm working on the needed college hours and getting into better shape, it's a good thing Austin PD is desperate for cops)

Doesn't that type of gun basically work by hitting the round with the thingy (like my technical wording? :P) causing it to fire then spits out the casing?

Ya that was probably me on the AN.  You should do it.  You get a cool car with lights and can arrest bad people.  Plus, girls love a man in uniform.