News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Things that make you chuckle

Started by Dave, September 06, 2017, 06:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

No one

Dave

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

xSilverPhinx

:love: Larson comics. I remember reading my father's Far Side comic books when I was a kid. And rereading them. Again and again. :tellmemore:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Icarus

^     ;D     Love dem Border Collies.   

No one

joeactor

No one

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tom62

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dave

Strange thing to chuckle about maybe, but this news item amused my sense of schadenfreude.

The Russians recently erected a statue to Mikhail Kalashnikov, inventor of the world's most successful firearm, the AK47 (estimated 75 million made.) Trouble was the plaque showed the wrong gun, it had a Nazi German assault rifle that Kalashnikov based his weapon on instead of an AK47.

Now they have had to remove that part of the statue with an angle grinder! The sculptor has apologised.

I should add my chuckle is not really at the sculptor's expense, though it is his error (but did he badly research the subject or was he given the wrong example?), but at the Russian authorities.

[Edited to correct s mishearing.]